- At least 3 years of relevant experience in similar role e.g. investment banking, financial advisory etc.
- Master’s in Business Administration & Finance will be an added advantage
- CFA certification and other finance and/or accounting related certificates is a plus
- Management consulting experience is a plus Competencies and Skills
- Financial modelling experience
Method of Application
Closing Date: 29th March, 2021
View & Apply
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
- Play a part in maintaining relationships with banks, suppliers, consultants and internal customers;
- Assisting in generating monthly, quarterly and annual financial management reports;
- Assist in cash and asset management.
Accounting and Administration
- To ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function;
- Ensure maintenance of internal controls and financial procedures, laid out by management;
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting; assist in the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements or as otherwise required;
- Assist in audits and remittance of monthly statutory deductions on a timely basis i.e.VAT, NSSF, NHIF, PAYE and Withholding Tax;
- Reconcile creditors and debtors accounts;
- Prepare for approval of payment vouchers, staff advances and petty cash;
- Maintain and update the asset register periodically;
- Assist in ensuring legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
a) Work towards implementation of Sage300;
b) Ensure accounting for each grants and other operational records are documented accurately;
c) Ensure integration of various platforms in use e.g. Office RnD, Direct Pay Online, Sage300 etc.;
- Improve finance department efficiency
- Reporting: Regular and Accurate
a) Monthly, quarterly, half year and annual;
b) Overall and per project/grant;
- Positive tangible contribution towards teamwork.
Requirements * Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university;
- At least 2 years of experience;
- Knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software (E.g. Quick Books, Sage Pastel e.t.c);
View & Apply
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
Position Title: Procurement Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Procurement Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The Procurement Associate will provide the services highlighted below:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
· Provide support to the procurement team in ensuring full compliance of procurement activities with USAID and Chemonics rules and regulations, as well as policies and strategies.
· Support procurement planning through collaboration with project staff and managers in the preparation of the procurement plan.
· Maintain and update the Procurement Master Tracker and provide feedback on purchase to supervisor.
· Draft letters, memoranda, email, etc. and monitor the progress and liaise with vendors during the entire procurement cycle.
· Release RFQs or other tender documents as may be required, ensuring their conformity with USAID/Chemonics approved templates or seeking Compliance clearance in case of required adjustments.
· Prepare purchase orders and work closely with the procurement managers to execute micro-purchases, follow-through and process payment to vendors upon completion of tasks.
· Liaise with the logistics unit or IT unit on receipt of goods, equipment and services in view of obtaining proper delivery report, inspection report, or relevant certificates and that proper inventory is taken.
· Provide support to carryout market research to determine sources of supplies.
· Prepare shortlists of suitable contractors/suppliers.
· Set-up/enhance and maintain a database of local suppliers ensuring regular update of data.
· Maintain a vendor database and ensure effective use of the system to record the listing, updating, evaluation and monitoring of performance of service providers and vendors.
· Maintain a database of procurement standards and tools, rooster of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistics and contract advertisement and awards for dissemination on a regular basis.
· Conduct the Visual Search for all vendors and contractors before they are engaged to supply goods and/or services.
· Ensure availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes.
· Prepare weekly reports on procurement matters.
· Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
· Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
· Perform other tasks as directed by the Procurement Manager.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration, business studies, management or a related field;
· At least 3 years’ experience of working in procurement or in a relevant field;
· Excellent skills of operating Microsoft word and excel spreadsheet;
· Experience of working on USAID-funded or donor-funded project is required;
· Proactive, with positive problem-solving approach and attention to detail;
· Good interpersonal and team-working skills;
· Fluency in English and excellent communication skills are required
The Procurement Associate will report directly to the Procurement Manager
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.