Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
As a part of the Compliance team, you’ll be responsible for running manual searches and screening for onboarding corporate and individual customers. You will validate customers and partners details and carry out screening utilising a number of tools and data sources.
Your responsibilities will include, without being limited to:
- Perform KYC review on targeted customers and partners.
- Perform Due Diligence review on targeted customers and partners.
- Emit recommendations to management based on the findings of your investigations.
- Follow up with Partners and Customers in case of missing documentation.
- Various other tasks on KYC, sanctions screening or transactions monitoring.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business management, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field from a recognized and accredited university.
- A Masters’ in any relevant field is an added advantage.
- Professional English level required. Chinese, French and/or Arabic is a plus.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role and industry, in internal control, compliance, operations, logistic, commercial or finance.
- Adequate knowledge of the online marketplace model and ecommerce environment
- Understanding of KYC due diligence and Anti-Money Laundering checks for new and existing customers is a plus.
- Professional knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Previous experience in a Customer Services environment is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely rigorous and details oriented, you love to deep dive in complex cases.
- Autonomous, you are able to manage multiple deadlines with limited and remote management.
- Curious, you love learning new things and using new tools. You are able to learn by yourself.
- Bullet-proof professional ethic.
Other Required Skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong leadership, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines on schedule.
- English professional required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and Google Docs.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- Competitive compensation
View & Apply
Zuma Health Trust Limited is an indigenous Health Maintenance Organizaton (HMO) registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission and accredited by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS). As one of the leading players in health insurance industry in Nigeria, we have over 14 years of experience in managing the health care of our enrollees and building relationships between our enrollees and health care providers.
We are major players in the Social Health Insurance Industry. We play a prominent role in servicing public sector clients through various NHIS Schemes. We have also expanded our service to growing a number of Private sector and individual clients through our unique customer value proposition. we are well positioned to meet immediate clientele needs and the ever evolving challenges of usiness environment in managed healthcare in any part of the country and beyond
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Audit and Compliance Manager
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of Audit and Compliance activities.
- He / she must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to manage the Team.
- The Audit and Compliance Manager should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the HMO.
- First Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or related field
- Post graduate qualification in Accounting will be an advantage
- Certification in professional membership in related bodies
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and accounting software
- At least 10 years post NYSC experience
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification cognate experience, preferably in a reputable HMO
- Attendance of relevant course workshop and seminars I related fields.
- B.Sc / BA in Banking and Finance, Accountingandother relevant fields
- A Postgraduate qualification in relevant fields would be a plus
- Proven experience as Audit and Compliance Manager or similar role
- 10 years post-NYSC experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ cognate experience preferable in a reputable HMO
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages
- Attendance of regular courses and workshops in related fields
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership ability
- Analytical mind
- Problem-solving attitude.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: using the Job Title – your Full Name as the subject of the email. E.g (Audit and Compliance Manager Application – Sarah John).
Note: Applications without the advised subject line will not be considered.
Eni is one of the most important, vertically integrated energy companies in the world. It operates in the oil, natural gas, electricity production, engineering, construction and pe…
Flour Mill of Nigeria Plc
Enugu, Enugu State
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and aff…
Zuma Health Trust Limited
Zuma Health Trust Limited is an indigenous Health Maintenance Organizaton (HMO) registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission and accredited by the National Health Insurance Sch…