Adexen is mandated by a design, architecture, engineering and planning company to recruit a Senior Accountant. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Preparing financial statements, management accounts, Finance reports and any adhoc reports.
- Accounting for firm’s financial assets such as tangible and intangible assets also including its investments in line with the respective financial policies.
- Accounting for Receivables and Withholding Tax credit notes as well as Accounting for Payables and other liabilities.
- Preparing and updating Annual Budget with inputs from Admin and IT departments.
- Preparing and updating Directors’ monthly Cash call to fund budget/operations.
- Reconciling the budget to actual results of operations.
- Participating in and organizing the Annual statutory audit of the firm’s books of account.
- Liaising with the External Auditors in respect of the firm’s annual statutory audit.
- Participating in and organizing the various Tax audits (FIRS & LIRS) of the firm’s books of account.
- Liaising with the Tax Auditors in respect of the firm’s various Tax audits.
- Addressing any Audit queries raised by either External Auditor or Tax Auditors.
- Having an oversight function on payroll preparation and administration.
- Ensuring prompt remittances of (VAT, WHT, PAYE, Pension and Others)
- Ensuring that the internal controls over the firm’s assets and resources are functioning and effective.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s deggre in Accounting or Finance from a reputable institution.
- ICAN or ACCA is a pre-requisite.
- Masters degree in Business Administration would be an added advantage
- Have knowledge of QuickBooks, Peachtree and Sage software
- 8-10 years of post-qualification experience, preferably in a similar position.
- Demonstrate high level of oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage the flow of people and business, liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders regarding sensitive and confidential matters, and maintain effective working relationships in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, tact, discretion, initiative and sound judgement
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to determine priorities, meet regular deadlines and take/follow up action
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in a professional and collaborative way to a team
- Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Construction & Real Estate
Accounting and Finance
5 – 10 years
Cost, Compliance, Tax, Auditing, Process Improvement, Internal Controls, Internal Audit, Accounting, Peachtree, Sage ERP, QuickBooks, Teamwork, Finance
View & Apply
Company description The genesis of The Concept Group was initially borne from a functional and structural approach, simply delivering better effectiveness through…
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Senior Financial Accountant
We’re looking for Senior Financial Accountant.
- Maintaining accurate books, records and schedules of all accounts.
- Ensures timely preparation of periodic financials reports
- Prepare for and review annual audit work papers and ensure adjustments journals are passed to agree company’s books and records with the audited financial statements;
- Work with internal and external auditors during field work exercise and in the preparation of annual audited financial statements.
- Monthly review of bank reconciliations, loan schedules, etc.
- Manage all intercompany transactions and ensure reconciliation
- Develop and monitor all financial systems with a view to improve and streamline procedures.
- Ensure that policies and procedures set by Group are implemented and internal controls are operating effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensure that all accounting systems, procedures are in line with the International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard
- Maintain quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Continuously update, review and document the Company’s financial policies and procedures
- Lead staff development and succession planning for financial Control team members
- Actively recruit, mentor and develop team members’ capability and future leadership potential
- Ensures statutory and internal reporting are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, and are fully compliant with company’s policies and procedures
- Implements effective accounting procedures and internal controls which conform to corporate standards and best practices.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, vendors, advisors and external auditors
- Maintain efficient and effective fixed assets system covering the day-to-day recording and control over the company’s fixed assets.
- Scrutinize payment vouchers before payment is effected with a view to controlling expenses.
- Attend to internal and external Audit request/enquiries and ensure Audit report recommendations are followed up and implemented according to company’s procedures.
- Ensuring timely rendition of statutory returns to government agencies
- Ensure and supervises the documentation of Asset & Liabilities Committee Meeting ( ALCO)
Other functions that may be required by Management
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations, presenting strategies to the management
- Responsible to legally minimizes tax liabilities through informed application of tax laws and regulations
- Manage tax compliance, reporting, and filing for the Group
- Oversee tax audit exercises and follow up with the relevant government agencies
- Work closely with the company’s tax consultants on tax related matters
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all tax returns
- Establish appropriate system or processes for tax risk management for the Group
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on business operation matters to the Group
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Required profile for job ad : Senior Financial Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics or related fields.
- 5 years’ experience in the field at minimum, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Internationally recognized accounting professional qualifications (ACA CPA, ACCA, CMA,)
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well -developed accounting skill and IFRS Knowledge
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example
- Proven record of leading and developing subordinates
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
- Solid team player with high energy and go get attitude to deliver results
- High degree of resilience, self-initiative with a positive attitude
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative
Job criteria for job ad : Senior Financial Accountant Job category :
Accounting, controlling, finance
Banking, insurance, finance
Employment type :
View & Apply
Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Managing Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations for PPS and its sister organisations.
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries
. * Provide managerial and oversight for all accounting functions
- Provide accurate, timely periodic financial statements of PPS and its sister organisation to management
- Provide direction to all accounting staff under your supervision.
- Provide oversight of assets and finances of PPS and its sister organisations.
- Manages overall responsibility for accounting related information for PPS and its sister organisations.
- Oversight include monitoring purchases compared to the budget, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and capital expenditures/equipment.
- Reconciliation of all cash accounts and monitoring of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Evaluate the performance and professional development of staff.
- Assist in the management of the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of PPS and its sister organisations.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role e.g. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc.
- Supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of the periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Management and coordination of activities relating to Vendors/Procurement.
- Responsible for timely monthly, separate and consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to management
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Overseeing the maintenance and reconciliation of Goods Receipts/ Invoice Receipt Account.
- Create and enhance financial policies and procedures across the accounting department as well as the wider Finance department.
- Ensures consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Leads compliance with the business’s internal corporate framework policies and finance manuals.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monthly evaluating of Unapplied Advance Payment to determine the risk level.
- Monitors expenditures, analyse revenues and determine budget variances
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Develops reports on all accounting related matters inclusive of taxation matters. These reports accompany pro-active advice and recommendations on the business’s financial approaches from an accounting and taxation perspective.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of the company’s accounting policies
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the company’s records (e.g. Clients, Suppliers, Banks, Employees, Management, Government and its relevant agencies etc.)
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Managing Director
Required Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ core experience in accounting/management account
- First Degree must be in Accounting
- Must be a Certified member of ICAN/ACCA
- Must have Manufacturing Industry Background
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Ability to lead and manage a team effectively.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or any other financial software.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Sopex Hitech Services Limited is a leading flexible packaging.manufacturing ad industrial company with extensive knowledge in packaging solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accounting Officer
Location: Isolo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Systematically checking of goods produced with goods transferred to warehouse to make sure it adds up and relate same to the Accountant.
- Systematically checking of stock balance with the raw materials used to make sure it adds up and relate same to the Accountant
- Systematically checking of goods produce with raw materials used to make sure it adds up and relate same to the Accountant.
- Crosschecking of goods transferred from factory to warehouse
- Ascertain the cost of each goods produced daily
- Posting of the goods produced into the system
- Assisting the Accountant in keeping memorandum of books and monthly stock for both factory and warehouse
- Preparing Bank reconciliation statement for all our LOCAL CURRENCY banks
- Any other assigned duty.
- B.Sc qualification
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters and CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.