Part-Time Account Manager – Nigeria
Upstream, the leading mobile technology company, provides innovative solutions that offer seamless and secure mobile Internet access to 1.2 billion consumers in high growth markets. Upstream’s Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users in Latin America and Africa even when they have run out of data. Its award-winning security platform, Secure-D, in 2019 alone, processed over 1.7 billion mobile transactions, detecting and blocking over 98,000 malicious apps in 20 countries. Upstream’s all-in-one digital marketing platform, One-D, simplifies the digital user acquisition journey by managing the entire recruitment process, including partners and digital marketing channels, and safeguards mobile subscribers against all fraudulent activity. Its team counts 330 people of over 25 nationalities, working from nine offices around the globe. Upstream works with more than 60 mobile operators in over 45 countries in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and SE Asia.
The position reports to the VP Commercial Operations . The Account Manager is the single point of contact between the client and Upstream’s internal resources, the owner of the account plan and, responsible for achieving the account targets (commercial, financial, product). He/she manages the running of existing accounts and the handover of new ones from sales to the rest of the company.
This role is ideal for a candidate with high potential who wishes to be rewarded for outstanding performance, while having the opportunity to gain valuable international business experience on large mobile marketing projects.
This role is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Primary ownership of the client relationship: main single point of contact between the client and the rest of Upstream; ownership of all operational and mid-level client contacts; managing client expectations; building and securing client satisfaction.
- Primary commercial ownership of the account: implementation of the account plan and achievement of the account targets; contract negotiations and closing; performance monitoring; maintaining the account P&L on a monthly basis; reconciliations, invoicing and payments
- Coordinating all local operational resources and being responsible for local operational delivery: prizes, logistics, regulatory, supplier contracts and use of recruitment channels; accountable for client deliverables and all local market inputs
- Working closely with internal teams to ensure the project plan is delivered on time
- Oversight of service performance: monitoring of traffic; tracking of service performance indicators; monitoring of message performance; monitoring of complaints and customer satisfaction
- Identifying opportunities and upselling (services, new products, marketing inventory)
- Identifying local partners and product opportunities
- Constantly monitoring the local competition landscape and detecting potential risks
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, self-driven, hard-working and flexible, and have the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of work experience in the fields of Digital Services / Value Added Services, consulting, marketing, information technology
- Excellent client-facing and negotiation skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent command of English
- Very good educational background, preferably in a numerate discipline
- Attention to detail
- Results drive
- Tech-savvy and comfortable in a field that combines elements of multiple disciplines (technology, marketing, mass psychology)
- International perspective and cultural awareness
- Good command of French (optional)
Other Key Considerations
- MBA or postgraduate business degree (or like experience) a plus
- Experience with budget management and cost control
- Business development or account management experience
- Solid understanding of Mobile, Web, and online advertising industry
- Marketing thinking and creative capability
Please submit your CV in English.
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
Follow us on and stay updated on our latest news
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
43 total views, 1 today