Full-Time Account Officer Job at HRbreakoutRoom
HRbreakoutRoom is a human resource recruiting and consulting firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Account Officer
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Management Accounting
- Ensure accurate, functional, and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems that all relevant records are maintained.
- Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger
- Transactions posting. Determines dates for invoices to be paid and keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system
. Tracks the approvals of transactions posted * Process all petty cash, cash advances, purchase orders, claimable expenses and payroll income
- Monitors and ensure that approved transactions are posted into the various accounts within the specified period.
- On daily and weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special cheque request with line Manager, prints approved checks, prepare and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices “Paid” and files in permanent records.
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests.
- Maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices.
- Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- Review, proofread and verify forms, invoices, requisitions, reimbursements and financial documents as necessary for accuracy in calculation and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, maintaining cash controls and maintaining accounts payable.
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts and project financial deliverables
- Processes account payable, receivable invoices and payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process all payments through cash-flow and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Creates a journal entry in cash management and reconciles the bank deposit to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
- Investigate differences with the bank statement and company’s journals and ledgers; and reconcile any discrepancies or inaccuracies.
- Sub-divisional Reports- Review the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, exception, biannually and annually reports/presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- A Bachelor’s degree, OND, HND in Accounting, Economics, or related field
- ICAN certification is a plus
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years working as in an Accounting personnel capacity.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
- Good organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Must possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies’ taxes and general business financial conditions.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- N70,000 – N80,000
- PS: Immediate Availability is required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
23 total views, 1 today