The primary goal is to provide for timely and accurate recording of the Association’s income and expenditure and to ensure that suppliers and third party market influencers are paid in a timely, accurate and efficient manner consistent with the overall delegation of authority and segregation of duties guideline and regulation
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
The Accountant performs financial functions related to the collection, accuracy, recording, analysis and presentation of a business, organization or company’s financial operations.
Generally, the accountant can also deal with third parties, such as vendors, customers and financial institutions.
- Managing the financial bookkeeping of the business.
- Maintaining an Asset Schedule of the business.
- Processing invoices, recording payments, and tracking expenses of the organization.
- Cross-checking each expense with the corresponding invoice, to ensure that the billing is accurate.
- Ensure update payments of service charge on the ERP
- Resolving billing disputes, creating and monitoring internal auditing procedures.
- Reconciliation of accounts.
- Providing general administrative support to the business.
- Managing procurement and transactions with association’s vendor
- Filing of statutory returns (PAYE, VAT, WHT) to government agencies I.e FIRS, LIRS .
- Liaising with external auditors and government authorities.
- Ability to reflect on one’s own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions.
- A degree in accounting or any other discipline from a reputable tertiary institution.
- ICAN Membership/ ACA is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
- Ability to use one or more accounting software.
- Keen attention to details.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Knowledge of IFRS and financial reporting framework.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of Accounting software (SAGE Preferable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Business acumen and interest.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Teamworking ability.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
View & Apply
93 total views, 1 today