Full-Time Accountant At Petra Microfinance Bank Plc
Petra Micro-Finance Bank Limited (PMFB) is fully in the business of rendering micro-financial services to all its customers, particularly the active poor. The bank was incorporated in the year 2008 and commenced full banking operation on 22nd May 2008. The bank has its head office at No. 18 Montgomery Road, Yaba, Lagos. The chief promoters of Petra Micro Finance Bank are the Catholic Priests Of the Order of Preachers (The Dominicans of the Province) of St Joseph the Worker Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lagos Mainland – Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- In charge of day-to-day finance and accounts operations.
- Administers payment transfers through the banks.
- Manages cash advance and reconciles retirement.
- Prepares bank reconciliation statements for all corporate accounts.
- Preparing accounts and tax returns
- Monitoring spending and budgets
- Auditing and analyzing financial performance
- Financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Advising on how to reduce costs and increase profits
- Compiling and presenting financial and budget reports
- Ensure that financial statements and records comply with laws and regulations
- Keeping account books and systems up to date.
- Audits bank statements to ensure consistency and accuracy of bank charges.
- Raises vouchers for transactions and posts financial data to the applicable accounting system.
- Ensures that all accounting entries posted into the accounting system are accurate.
- Prepares reports to show receivables aging and submit to management.
- Collects and reviews Purchase Order for jobs done by the Company.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides other staff by coordinating activities and answering finance-related questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following applicable accounting controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documents submitted, and disburse as required.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial requirements enforce adherence to these requirements, and advise management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Other duties are assigned from time to time.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 1 – 5 years work experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
11 total views, 1 today