Full-Time Administrative and Procurement Manager
Requisition Name: Administrative and Procurement Manager
Requisition No: VN059
Salary Range: 35,000 – 40,000 USD
Employment Type: Full-Time
Country Location: Nigeria
PROGRAM(S) / DEPARTMENT(S):
COST CENTER CODE(S):
MSSFPO Project, Nigeria
Country Project Manager (CPM)
Office Assistant/Drivers etc.
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights
The Administrative and Procurement Manager, as a member of the Country Senior Management Team, is responsible for providing a wide range of office management and support to the office including, ensuring the full functioning of the office, serving as the point person managing all procurement related activities, and covering HR services with support from the Home Office team.
Administrative and HR:
· Supports office operations by maintaining office administrative systems, such as and not limited to authorization/approval processes, IT use, cleaning and maintenance of office premises, and vehicles, documentation and issuance of office stationaries to staff, managing common printers, etc., and supervising administrative staff.
· Provides office services such as: organizing office operations and procedures, managing correspondence, designing and maintaining filing systems, developing and reviewing supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
· Manages and maintains the retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records as per EngenderHealth standards.
· Maintains office efficiency by planning and monitoring up a system for assigning equipment, furniture and stationaries to staff office systems, office layout, and equipment procurement and maintenance.
· Working with CPM and home office, implements office policies by following standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
· Working with home office develop Employee HR Manual, roll it out in the office and monitor its implementation.
· Working with Home Office as the Field Office HR lead, support staff recruitment, selection, orientation, training, and coaching employees, as needed/appropriate.
· Support Field Office Finance Manager in preparing office budgets, monitoring expenses, and maintaining the petty cash records.
· Support the CPM and technical staff to plan, schedule, and promote office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Plan, co-ordinate and organize EH country level procurement activities in full compliance with EH and USAID procurement procedures and best practices to enable a high quality, efficient and cost-effective procurement process.
· Liaise with other USAID IPs to keep up to date with local market conditions to enable delivery of most efficient procurement service.
· Maintain a comprehensive register of all procurements, ensuring proper tagging of equipment procured. Conduct quarterly review of the register to ensure it is appropriately updated. Conduct quarterly review of equipment allocated to staff to ensure right conditions or use.
· Maintain accurate supplier database for regularly purchased items, keep informed of local market conditions and establish/maintain good working relations with suppliers.
· Report to the country office on any foreseen changes/challenges in procurement plans and activities.
· Ensure that that all procured goods and services are compliant with EH and USAID regulations. Provide procurement specifications, guidance about potential vendors, and technical support to Home Office when requested.
· Provide support and training to Country Office Staff and volunteers to improve the quality of procurement services, promote adherence to best practice principles and compliance with necessary regulations and procedures.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Administration, Pharmacy, Logistics, or related experience.
· Experience managing International NGO offices.
· 3-5 years’ professional procurement and/or administrative experience.
· Experience in recruitment and managing and training staff/volunteers.
· Experience working for a USAID funded project.
· Experience managing USAID project startups and closeouts.
· Experience in healthcare procurements.
· Experience managing Local Health Insurance for Staff
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
· Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
· Collaboration & Teamwork
· Building trust
· Judgement & Decision Making
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
· Computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Able to work independently and as part of the team
· Strong communication skills, including ability to prepare and present concise oral and written procurement operations reports, briefings, updates, and other documentation
· Comprehensive understanding of procurement, operations, and compliance practices
· Ability to develop and maintain effective remote working relationships with counterparts in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
· Experience in risk management and compliance
· Experience Supply Chain and procurement
· Fluently spoken and written English
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.
20 total views, 1 today