Full-Time Administrative Officer Job at Nuru Nigeria
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Our mission is to build resilience corridors of strong, locally owned farmer cooperatives driving profitable livelihoods in vulnerable communities of the Northeast. Nuru Nigeria prioritizes the smallholder farmers it serves and works to cultivate lasting meaningful choices through a community led, community driven and community sustained livelihood programs across the agriculture value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Administrative Officer
Job Code: NNJ.2021
Job Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Career Level: Mid-Level
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting and Supervision: The Administrative Officer will report to the Finance and Operations Manager
- Nuru Nigeria is seeking an Administrative Officer who will provide support in a variety of administrative and office functions. This position requires knowledge of organisational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services.
- This position will develop intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control of office supplies, utility staff supervision, coordination between NN and consultants. Energetic and experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well-grounded in NGO program support.
Reporting and Supervision
- The Administrative Officer will report to the Finance and Operations Manager
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing and other important data.
- Manage vehicle fleets and staff movement
- Management of staff travels; flight and hotel bookings, review per diem, facilitate reimbursement on incidentals, ensure proper retirement of any travel advance.
- Manage all NN logistics process to ensure efficient and effective operational support to programs which includes arrangement for hotels, transportation, meeting supplies, etc.
- Facilitate conference logistics and administrative arrangements
- Manage NN Assets List/Inventory Record, ensuring that records are up to date
- Regularly Liaise with Security Team on NN facility Inspection.
- Set-up and maintain filling system relevant to assigned administrative functions
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains departmental policies when necessary.
- Provide support to receiving deliveries of supplies and materials by confirming goods receipt against invoice or contract specifications.
- Identify appropriate office space in conjunction with the field staff, procurement, and Security.
- Track all leases for leased office space, including timely renewal and termination.
- Work with the NN legal Adviser to get lease agreement signed by the NN and House Owner.
- Liaise with landlords on issues concerning the lease agreement as they arise.
- Ensure all NN offices are opened and close and are equipped with the necessary supplies, materials, equipment and other resources needed for a functioning office.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by Finance & Operations Manager.
- B.Sc. or Post Graduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public Administration or any related discipline
- Five Years (5) working experience in an administrative role with at least Three years (3) experience working with an NGO
- Knowledge of the North-East
- Working knowledge of pertinent regulations including the Federal Acquisition Regulations and knowledge of USAID Assistance and Acquisition rules and regulations is an added advantage.
- Embraces the culture and value of Nuru Nigeria especially servant leadership, transparency and high sense of accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Terms and Conditions
- The appointment will be for a one year, renewable based on funding and performance.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13thMonth Salary
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race,color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: using the Job position and Location as the subject of the mail.
Non – discriminatory Employment Clause
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, age, disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
8 total views, 1 today