Full-Time Administrator – Nigeria – Maiduguri
Fixed-term contract – 12 months
Starting date : 3rd of January 2022
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on , ,
Focus on our activities in NIGERIA
Our mission in NIGERIA has been open since 2016. PUI develops its integrated approach with mainly in Health, Nutrition and Protection, Furthermore, PUI works on MHPSS, Food Security (cash transfer) and Early Recovery and Livelihood. Today, the mission is implementing 2 projects.
What about the Administrator Nigeria?
As Administrator, under the functional supervision of the Financial Coordinator, you will be responsible for the sound financial, accounting and budgetary management of the base as well as the management of human resources, administrative and legal files of the base in compliance with PUI and donor procedures.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Financial, budgetary and accounting management: You will supervise the financial, accounting and budgetary management on the base and ensure compliance with the related procedures, with the functional support of the Mission’s Financial Coordinator.
- Human Resources Management: You will oversee the administrative human resources management activities on the base with the functional support of the Mission HR Coordinator or the Administrative and Financial Coordinator.
- Administrative management: You will supervise the administrative management on the base and ensure compliance with the related procedures, with the functional support of the mission’s Financial Coordinator.
- Coordination, Reporting and Representation: You will centralize and disseminate information within the database for all matters related to financial, administrative, legal and human resources and will participate in internal and external reporting in these same fields. You will represent the association with partners, authorities and various local actors involved in the financial, administrative, legal and human resources fields of the base.
- Team Management: You will oversee the administrative and financial team of your base.
The challenges that await you:
The Finance Manager should support the programs and support teams to maintain the financial culture (compliance with the organization and donors’ procedures, use of monitoring tools and rationalization of financial resources) to enable them to properly monitor and use the limited resources at the base. The Finance Manager must also strengthen the capacities of the finance team but also of the program teams on the use of monitoring tools (OFU and FFU) but also on budgeting (BoQs) to ensure the production of program budgets that match reality. and easy to implement. The Finance Manager must ensure that deadlines are respected, whether internally or externally, so as not to involve the financial or donor calendar of the Mission. It starts with respecting the deadlines of the monthly accounting closing but also of the OFUs.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Bachelor’s degree in financial management. A technical background in human resources management or in project management will be valued.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position and by a previous humanitarian experience. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You have strong knowledge in accounting management, financial steering, human resources management and team management. You demonstrate administrative & managerial skills, and you also master the SAGA software. All the better if you have a good understanding of institutional donors’ procedures (BHA, CIAA, Humanitarian Fund…).
- Qualities: You are able to work independently and to take responsibility in a proactive approach. You demonstrate good analytical and management skills, rigor, organization and flexibility. You have a sense of diplomacy and a good resilience to stress.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Spanish, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Maiduguri base is, by far, the best experience you can have. The team is solid, the working atmosphere is great and motivating. Despite the context challenges, you will have the best experience of your life. Maiduguri is simply 100% different than what your friend Google will tell you. Maiduguri is an experience worth living and PUI is an NGO worth joining »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 1 815,00 – 2 145,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
2 total views, 1 today