Full-Time Agricultural Extension Coordinator Job at HRLeverage
HR Leverage Africa – Our client, a multinational corporation helping the African state actors implement smart and efficient agricultural practices in order to improve yields, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Agricultural Extension Coordinator
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- Agricultural Extension Coordinator is needed by our client, a multinational corporation helping the African state actors implement smart and efficient agricultural practices in order to improve yields, thereby eliminating hunger as a strategy to implementing SDGs within Africa State.
Task and Responsibilities
- Capacity development and knowledge management for enhancing market-oriented agriculture for smallholder farmers
. * Report on the promotion of market-oriented agricultural extension systems.
- Attend at various meetings and take minutes
- Under the direct supervision of the Japanese Experts, and in close collaboration with the Nigerian counterparts, the staff will;
- Prepare and revise training materials for farmers and TOTs. l Monitoring & evaluation and data analysis.
- Follow-up of implementation of farmer training l
- Communicate and collaborate with agricultural administrators at Federal and State level.
- Business trip for inspection of trainings in different states
- Cooperate with other project staff for project coordination and management
- University Degree in Agriculture, Agri-business, Agricultural Economics, or related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience in technical cooperation assistance programmes in the field of agricultural market development, agricultural cooperatives development, agribusiness, agriculture extension, data analysis, and M&E.
- Work experience with international organizations or NGOs and in technical experience with inter
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Computer skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Communication and collaboration tools (Email, Zoom)
- Searching information on the Internet
- Knowledge of Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing tool is highly appreciated but not mandatory. L anguage
- Proficiency in English is essential and familiarity with Yoruba, Hausa, or Igbo is desirable. Competencies
- Results Focus l Communication
- Teamwork l Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
48 total views, 1 today