Full-Time Altara Credit Limited Recruitment for a Junior Accountant
At Altara, our mission is simple: to improve the lives of Nigerians. To do this, Altara and its dedicated team seek to tackle a critical challenge in Africa – access to payment solutions to drive financial inclusion.
Our debut service is “buy now, pay later”, where we allow formal & informal sector workers, and SME owners to purchase a variety of products and equipment for their homes and businesses – instead of paying for the products in full upfront, they pay small amounts over time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Junior Accountant
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire a Junior Accountant. This is a role where you will report directly to an Internal Accounting Analyst
. In this capacity, you will be responsible for providing the financial results of the company.
Further responsibilities include:
- Bookkeep, prepare, and record journal entries.
- Track income and expenses, and be able to prepare detailed revenue and expense reports when necessary.
- Complete monthly bank and revenue account reconciliations.
- Interface with managers and executives concerning questions and issues.
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Daily reconciliation of accounts.
- Assist with month-end Reconciliation of accounts (Purchases, sales, inventory, expenses, transfers, payments, deposits).
- Work to continuously improve accounting/finance procedures and internal controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- 1 year+ of working for a consumer finance company, Microfinance Company, or a bank.
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent written and face interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Commitment to achieving performance goals.
- Familiarity and experience using accounting technology programs.
- Familiarity with tax accounting for finance companies in Nigeria, highly required.
- Great at time management, multitasking, and prioritizations skills.
N40,000 – N50,000 monthly.
2 total views, 1 today