Full-Time APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte Ongoing Job Vacancy
APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate PHI Software Developer
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Req ID: api-21406
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Strategic Information
- PHIS3 seeks a Senior Associate Software Developer for its HIS solution development activities.
- The Snr Associate Software Developer will work directly with the Senior Software Developer to provide the unit with the domain knowledge and support necessary to facilitate effective HIS solutions development.
- The successful candidate will work with the team lead in the management and development of the National Data Repository (NDR), the National Electronic Medical Records, Laboratory Information Management System, and any other HIS platform as directed by the funders. The Software Developer reports directly to the Public Health Information Systems Advisor in activity implementation and management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistant to ensure the implementation, adaptation, and improvement of national interoperable electronic HIS platforms, to capture, store and transmit patient-level or service-based data.
- Provide technical support to the development and enhancement of the National Data Repository (NDR), the National Electronic Medical Records, Laboratory Information Management System, and any other HIS platform.
- Participate in the design, implementation, testing, and launching of HIS Solutions by the organization.
- Work closely with other developers, supporting and collaborating through frequent code review.
- Create design specifications, documentation, and unit testing plans as defined by the Agile development process.
- Generate data for project planning, including task breakdown and estimation of work for a project. Tracks status within the project as necessary.
- Delegates tasks to project team members to balance work and increase team cross-training
- Raises long-term architecture issues within the project
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on small to midsize complex projects.
- Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Design and define the interaction between the other component pieces.
- Maintain and support software solutions post-production.
- Minimum of B.Sc in IT, Computing, computer engineering, and any other relevant areas.
- A master’s is also desirable.
- At least 2 years of experience in health informatics.
- At least 4 years of experience in architecting, building, and maintaining live enterprise systems.
- Proficient in Java, Typescript, Software Design, Database design, UML design, Software Development Lifecycle.
- Knowledge of one or more software development methodologies
- Experience working with health sector information systems is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) principles, methods, and technology, and the use of application programming interfaces (APIs) for electronic data transfer.
- Experience with software quality assurance and software development methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 24th September, 2021.
Anybody asking you to pay money to schedule your interview or offer you job may be a scam
10 total views, 1 today