Full-Time Assistant Accountant Job at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited
Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry. We venture into this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Assistant Accountant
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing day-to-day accounting transactions as supervised by the Senior Accountant
. * Assisting the Senior Accountant in the management of PPNL and Subsidiaries account.
- Payment and filing of Sales Tax (VAT) per expenditure Vouchers for approval.
- Processing of other related payments to vendors and contractors.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of VAT and other tax returns at the Regulatory bodies.
- Preparation and submission of invoices to Clients for services rendered and follow-up on payments.
- Oversee the collection, deposit, and reconciliation of bank funds and accounts as supervised by the Senior Accountant.
- Prepares and keep records of assets, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Ensures that all expenses are supported by a completed Payment Voucher upon request.
- Auditing financial information.
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring those expenses are within the set budget.
- Assists the Senior Accountant in the development and maintenance of sound financial control across the company operation.
- Assist the Senior Accountant in the preparation of annual budgets and income-expenditure accounts.
- Collaborate with accounts and finance manager to ensure smooth running of an organization’s accounts department
- Oversees Account Payables and Receivables under the supervision of the Senior Accountant.
- Payment of various company utility bills and sundry expenses to the relevant agency at the appropriate time and ensure it is well documented.
- Management of Company inventory and stock items.
- Follow up on payment of invoices as per agreement with Clients, Contractors, JV Partners, Vendors
- Assists with financial and tax audits (provide financial source documents and other relevant information to external Auditor to aid the audit process).
- Carries out other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Accountant.
Key Performance Indicators
- Keen attention to details
- Turnaround time in preparation and submission of Invoices to clients.
- Low Vendor Expenses Rate
- 100% performance in external audit examinations
- Zero non-compliant cases raised by the regulatory bodies.
- Effective and Efficient Inventory Stock Management.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting or any Finance-related field.
- 2 to 5 years hands-on experience in similar position.
- ICAN/ATS Certification will be an added advantage.
- Should have a proven experience as an Assistant Accountant or Junior Accountant.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles.
- In-depth understanding of the company’s business.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Ability to handle financial information with discretion and confidentiality
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables is desirable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills is a MUST.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in Micro-soft office suites such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
9 total views, 1 today