Full-Time Associate, Marketing & Communication
The candidate will be expected to play key roles in the origination, development and management of our client’s investment activities.
The focus areas are: Market research, technical writing, qualitative and quantitative analysis, marketing, communication, marketing and communication performance evaluation and reporting.
The candidate must be able to support the marketing, communication, investment, investor relations deal teams throughout the deal cycle from origination to financial close and commercial operations.
The candidate will possess a demonstrable interest in and knowledge of; business and current affairs. A keen networker and ambassador with a track record of supporting a team to deliver corporate, crisis and/or marketing communication across our clients’s core business sectors.
An understanding of all media platforms/channels, including digital and social media. A demonstrable ability and desire to support business development by developing and implementing marketing/communication initiatives and campaigns.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communication
Provide knowledge of our client’s mission, operations and impacts to stakeholders: Tier 1 International media, prospective investors, clients – project sponsors, governments; potential business partners – DFIs, other financial institutions, legal firms, consultants; governments; opinion formers – regulators, business community, academia, advocates.
Raise awareness of our client’s Brand pan-African interests and development across Africa. Position our client’s Brand as a leader in the financing of the
Infrastructure asset class. Maintain current media, stakeholder and marketing databases.
Provide intelligence about 3rd party opinions of our client within different country governments and amongst other stakeholders.
Coordinate the monitoring and surveillance activities to ensure the corporation’s corporate image and reputation is upheld and not tarnished.
Research institutional investor and infrastructure information; examine economic trends, analyze financial and industry data to provide a sound basis for marketing and communication decisions across target countries, sectors, companies and projects.
Develop and maintain marketing collateral for the Corporation. Deliver an integrated and comprehensive stakeholder engagement strategy and programme across Africa and globally. Prepare detailed presentation materials for delivery to potential local and international Tier I media, including media kits, project factsheets, digital marketing proposals and various bidding materials as required to create business development opportunities for the Corporation
Draft thought leadership articles, conference papers, speeches for publication, press briefings and other related external communications.
Digital marketing – Prepare content for all digital communication assets/channels. A comprehensive understanding of all media platforms/channels, including digital and social media.
Prepare monthly management reports.
Public Relations – Execute industry specific public relations and social media programs including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and the our client’s Blog.
Proactively build media and branding relationships. Facilitate media briefings alongside our client’s PR and marketing agencies.
Assist in all aspects of the Corporation’s local and global external relations activities, including handling of government and regulatory bodies, media publications, interviews, queries and press conferences.
Perform other duties as assigned by the President & Chief Executive Officer.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Exceptional communication, research, analytical and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong research skills, with a clear capacity to develop research material using publicly available information, and by leveraging various networks and internal resources available. Strong quantitative analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed communication and business writing skills, including an ability to interface directly and effectively with senior officers internally and externally.
- Good market knowledge of the investment sector in Africa generally, and the infrastructure segment specifically, with basic knowledge of the key markets, sponsors and competitors.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent project management skills.
- An enthusiastic team player with excellent oral, written, numerical and analytic skills. The ability to multi-task effectively and work independently, with meticulous attention to detail under limited supervision. A self- starter, able to assume the initiative following basic leads provided by senior colleagues and team members
- Strong team work capabilities, and able to work seamlessly with staff within the Division and across the Corporation. Willingness to support other staff to achieve corporate goals
- High level of creativity and capacity to develop innovative ideas or work with other team members/partners for onward marketing and execution.
- Demonstration of adequate knowledge of economic, financial, industry, development, social and other forces that may create or increase risk for the corporation.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Positive, proactive personality with a strong work ethic, motivated to succeed with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
Key Annual Performance Indicators
- Number of marketing and communication research, briefings and external engagements supported.
- Quality of media briefings, research reports, growth in digital coverage and reach.
- Deliver a consistent flow of communication, on deal announcements and project-related activity.
- Timeliness, accuracy and effectiveness of communications/reporting.
Minimum Qualifications & Other Requirements
- A strong first degree in business administration or its constituents (economics, law, operations research) social sciences, journalism; from a globally accredited University, or background in communication.
- A post-graduate or professional qualification would be an advantage.
- 3-8 years professional experience, preferably in communication or journalism, economics or investment banking,
- Previous professional experience in marketing or communication, complemented with relevant experience and understanding of economic development issues, infrastructure finance, project development and project finance.
- Outstanding written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Arabic, French or Portuguese is desirable.
Careers In Africa
View & Apply
17 total views, 1 today