Full-Time Associate / Senior Associate, Investment (Natural Resources – Mining) – Lagos, Nigeria
Our client, a leading development finance institution is currently seeking an Associate, Investment who will be expected to build relationships, support origination efforts, and provide appropriate technical guidance in the development and management within the mining sub-sector as part of the Natural Resources team, across Africa and in the equity and equity-type asset classes.
- Support origination and management of new clients and opportunities within the mining asset finance sector, across Africa.
- Pitch, structure, negotiate, market, execute and close equity and equity-like transactions.
- Assist in client coverage and management of key accounts.
- Support management of transaction processes from origination to closing, including engagement with technical and financial advisors in the analysis for such transactions.
- Work with other team members in Investments and colleagues across the organization to process the administration of each transaction as it goes through the approval process.
- Develop/Review and investigate key aspects of financial models (including financial analysis, pricing, valuation, capital, and other business decision making models) to evaluate the financial viability of transactions.
- Support executing tasks encompassing technical review of mining & related infrastructure projects.
- Develop presentations and proposals (including “pitch books”) to clients for equity and equity-like transactions
- Prepare transaction documents (engagement letters, proposals, presentations, Information Memorandums, term sheets, valuations etc.) for transactions being contemplated by the company.
- Undertake research and analysis, including on prospective clients and companies, to identify financial trends and issues to provide a sound basis for investment decisions
- Conduct financial analysis and risk assessment on project proposals, including developing and interpreting financial models
- Participate in deal meetings as well as help maintain client relationships
- Conduct due diligence on prospective clients
Requirements: Qualification and Skills
- A strong first degree in engineering/economics/finance from a recognized university
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Civil engineering, Finance, or a related field of study
- 5 – 8 years professional experience preferably in infrastructure related investment banking – deal origination and execution (specific experience in the mining sub sector)
- Detailed understanding of deal structuring, specifically for Natural Resource projects
- A good understanding of the technical aspects related to the review of mining projects
- Ability to respond to issues associated with risk assessment of investments and drive transactions through the investment approval process
- Ability to write credit and investment memoranda and defend transactions at investment committee
- Ability to negotiate Term Sheets and participate in negotiations of facility and investment agreements
- Good knowledge of financial products, including: project and structured debt, private equity, mezzanine, treasury, capital markets, guarantees and project development
- Ability to originate and generate new business leads towards enhancing the overall business development efforts of the organization
- In-depth experience in financial analysis and ability to develop complex financial models including financial projections, valuation methodologies and basic infrastructure project review knowledge
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 3 years renewable contract
- Suitably qualified candidates of all nationalities will be considered
If you wish to apply for the position directly, please send your CV to Lise Kotze at
Please visit for more exciting opportunities.
Banking, Finance & Information Technology
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in three weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful, however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
2 total views, 1 today