Full-Time AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICAL MANAGER
The Automotive Technical Manager will bring about standardization in the manufacturing process and oversee the assembly/production line. He/she will drive plant projects and implementation; develop assembly processes, machinery and equipment to ensure high quality and cost-effective production as well as consistently providing improvement and cost reduction strategies.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Our client, a company in the automobile manufacturing/production sector requires the services of an Automotive Technical Manager for immediate employment.
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos State
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Managing the entire auto-manufacturing process
· Plan, organize and manage Technical inspections of all manufactured vehicles for assessment
· Responsible for drafting Technical Business Processes such as Warranty process, Campaign process, Technical support to dealer process, Dealer and Customer technical training processes etc.
· Test vehicle components for wear, damage, defects etc. using mechanical/electronic devices
· Giving reports on warranty analysis results and follow up with relevant warranty departments on quality, timeliness and accuracy of warranty inputs
· Leading monthly service/technical meetings (clear agenda, minutes and actions) with strategic dealers covering warranty, campaigns, warranty scrap, parts issues, technical issues, etc.
· Supervising the operations of Supervisors for different procedures on the assembly line
· Overseeing the manufacturing unit, while ensuring that all machinery are in good condition and functioning maximally 24/7
· Studying competitors in the market with the aim of bringing in new technology in the vehicle and manufacturing process
· Working closely with the Research and Development team of the company regarding product improvement, standardization and quality
· Ensuring that the manufacturing unit has all the required licenses and clearances from the government required for operations as well as HSE standards
· Supporting and following up with dealers on parts availability
· Controlling and ensuring that production cost is managed to a minimum, and technical issues are reported and analysed at the earliest
· Managing and ensuring that new and existing service/safety campaigns are completed
· Developing annual budgets for the production unit
· Conduct on-the-job tests and recruitment support as necessary for Mechanical Technicians
· Overseeing plant/factory safety programs
Education, skills& competencies required:
· At least a first degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or a related discipline
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience from an automobile factory/manufacturing company
· Good technology experience around machineries, automotive, communication devices, etc.
· Vast experience in heavy machinery or the automotive industry
· Current knowledge of advanced automotive systems and technology, as well as automotive tools and equipment
· Understanding of effective technical Services methods and training programs
· Strong communication, coaching and training skills
· Budget expense management experience
· Promoting process improvement
· Reporting and interpersonal skills
· Able to set priorities and multi-task
· Attractive and negotiable
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
18 total views, 1 today