Contract Backup / Data Protection Engineer at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Date Posted: 2020-12-23
MainOne Cable, a leading telecommunication Service Provider in Nigeria, is hiring a Backup / Data Protection Engineer in Lagos
- The Backup / Data Protection Engineer is responsible for administering, configuring, and ensuring backups are completed as scheduled. Required to work closely with the GNOC and Cloud Operations teams to provide support to customers in line with SLAs.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Manage all backup and recovery tools and systems.
- Provide 2nd level support as required.
- Define and deliver on capacity planning analysis and monthly reporting.
- Provide mentorship to engineers and support staff.
- Provide support and analysis of complex problems.
- Ensure operating standards and procedures are defined and adhered to by others.
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure and process improvements.
- Advise on technology trends and standards.
- Any and all additional job duties as defined by hosting management
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related Engineering field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Commvault / Veeam
- Certification in either Backup technologies a significant advantage
- Experience working with virtualization technologies ( Hyper-V/VMware)
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud
- Experience working with Windows/Linux operating systems
- Networking experience will be an added advantage
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player with strong collaboration and engagement skills
Demands of the Job:
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online
View & Apply
111 total views, 1 today