Full-Time Business Manager (Power Sector) – Abuja
Our client is looking to recruit a Business Manager to consolidate and expand their existing client base and business streams. The Business Manager is responsible for overseeing business growth efforts on behalf of the company. Duties include conducting market research to identify new business opportunities and client leads, optimize operation, coordinating with the parent company to conduct risk assessments and maintaining beneficial relationships with clients, stakeholders, and other business partners
The Business Manager would be responsible for generating new business and developing the proposal for bids to existing or prospective clients for projects. He/She will actively source new business opportunities; contact and develop relationships. The Business Manager will also take the lead on the administrative end of the operation of the team . He/She will be responsible for monitoring and measuring performance of the company as well as guranteeing quality. The Business Manager will engage with internal and external stakeholders’ personnel to influence policies/regulations and educating consumers on the energy sector.
The Business Manager at our company must be skilled in overseeing all aspects of proposal preparation, ensuring quality, compelling bids are submitted on time. The Business Manager reviews all Client requirements to ensure that they are met in the proposal and collaborate with a wide variety of involved parties to include all necessary information.
Tasked with coordinating incoming bid requests and proposal responses, the Business Manager must organise and track all requests and responses using our company’s databases. It is his/her responsibility to maintain and update this database regularly. The Business Manager must also set up Client profiles in appropriate databases and maintain Client information.
Provide Customer Service
The Business Manager must provide potential and current clients with excellent customer service to successfully win bids. In addition, the Business Manager must improve client satisfaction and ensure that important clients are retained, quickly developing and implementing solutions when the potential to lose a client presents itself. Regularly communicating with Clients is crucial, as is notifying them of any project updates or changes.
Key Areas of Accountability
Collaboration and Support:
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the African electricity market within the firm’s focus areas
- Stay up to date with new plans, products or services in the African Power Sector space and position the firm adequately to fit in and acquire new businesses accordingly.
- Present our company to potential clients, development agencies, research organisations, media companies, and other interested parties.
- Devise a successful strategy for winning a business, including pinpointing the unique selling points (key differentiators) of the firm, knowing the firm’s operating and profit margins and understanding the clients’ specific requirements (the client, in this case, is the organisation that is offering the work)
- Contact and follow up on clients/potential clients through LinkedIn messaging, emails, phone calls, meetings etc.
- Report to the Board of Directors on monthly revenue results.
- Provide strategic supervision for the current operations of the company
- Must have a B.Sc in Marketing, Engineering, Business Administration or any relevant field (MBA/MSc/MEng is an added advantage).
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as a Business Development Personnel (Leading bids, proposal development, client relationships, and strategy formation), Marketing Executive or any similar role.
- Considerable experience in the Electricity space (previous experience in any Power Sector establishment in Africa is an advantage).
- Experience as a bid writer is advantageous and knowledge of document management methods.
- Excellent Power Industry Knowledge and willingness to keep up with trends.
- Experience demonstrating previous exposure to contracts and an understanding of basic contract language.
- Track record of winning competitive bidding processes, with a preference on international organisational bids
- Possessing experience interacting with Executive-level Staff and ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deadline-driven and committed to excellence.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ultimately, the Director is expected to increase the firm’s reach, boost revenue, optimize operations, and contribute to the firm’s long-term business growth.
26 total views, 1 today