Full-Time Camilla Brook Place Recruitment for an Accountant
Camilla Brook Place is a first class nursery and primary school located in the heart of Yaba, Lagos. We see each child as a unique and precious gift entreated into our care. We place emphasis on the individual child, encouraging each child’s innate inquisitiveness and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Organising and managing school finance and administering payroll and pension related functions.
- Assisting the Director and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in establishing the budget planning and financial control and procedures through which they shall be achieved, including the development of resource plans as required
. * Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance, for example, LIRS, FIRS, PENCOM, etc.
The Accountant’s responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of a complete filing system and reconciliation of all clients payments for invoices.
- Lodgment of all cheques into the bank.
- Be responsible for the completion of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, new starter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines.
- Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information.
- Daily monitoring and tracking of all inflows into our various bank accounts.
- Perform payroll accounting, make payroll entries and maintain payroll and files for the company employees.
- Filing and remitting of pension and taxes and other financial obligations.
- Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors, Headteacher and the Finance Committee.
- Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with the financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the school’s auditors.
- Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors.
- Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
- Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the Head of School.
- B.Sc Degree / HND in Accounting with a minimum of 3 – 10 years work experience
- Must be ICAN registered.
- Proven experience as an Accountant.
- Self-confident, mature and well dressed.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software.
- Skilled in negotiation and dealing with complaints.
- Persistent and results-oriented.
- Additional certification is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: or using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted.
18 total views, 1 today