Full-Time Cell Phone Repair Technician Job at Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leader in the Cell Phone & Devices Accessories and Repair industry, is currently recruiting suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Position: Cell Phone Repair Technician
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client, a leader in the Cell Phone & Devices Accessories and Repair industry, is currently looking to hire a Cell Phone Repair Technician, who will be responsible for fixing both software and hardware issues of mobile and other electronic devices.
- S / he will be required to work collaboratively with other team members, from out of the retail stores/service centres of the company, scattered across the different locations in the country.
- This position requires experience repairing and diagnosing damaged cell phones
. Apple, Android and Windows software experience is desired. The right candidate will display an ability to work in an ever-changing environment brought on by the rapidly changing and exciting cell phone industry.
- Meet or exceed key performance objectives including service and repair metrics.
- Perform various inventory tasks such as counting and monitoring inventory levels.
- Disassembles devices, using hand or power tools and measuring devices
- Conducts diagnosis of faulty phones, PCs and other electronic devices
- Repairs cell phone units according to requirements, using hand or power tools and measuring devices
- Reassembles cell phones after making repairs or replacing parts
- Learns and uses new processes and procedures
- Resolve customer issues relating to equipment problems by fixing phones, tablets and other consumer electronics by determining the most effective repair method.
- Engage with and reassure customers to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Listen carefully to the customer’s description of the phone’s problem.
- Run a few basic tests and carefully assess the device’s functionality before opening it up.
- Replace components such as antenna, battery, LCD screens, keypads, buttons, camera, etc., where necessary.
- Perform various tests upon repair to verify functionality, and document results of repairs
- NABTEB / NCE / ND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or in a related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position. Candidates with experience as a Cell Phone/Devices Repair Technician, and with vocational certifications in mobile technologies will have an advantage.
- Experience repairing devices and/or computers preferred
- Experience with flashing ROMs on phones preferred
- Cell phone technicians will be required and should be available to work during weekends.
Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of software such as Android, iOS, and Java are a must for jobs that require software troubleshooting.
- Hand-on experience and know-how on the use of solders and precision tools, including mobile/device phone components.
- Hand-on experience and requisite knowledge of RF (radio frequency) technologies, 3G/4G protocols and a good understanding of GSM, CDMA, EDGE, and HSPA+ standards.
Knowledge / Abilities / Soft Skills:
- Good communication skills
- Strong reading abilities.
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to multitask
- Attention to detail
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: with the “Job title” as the subject of the email
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
26 total views, 1 today