Full-Time Chartered Accountant Recruitment at Benek Engineering
Benek Engineering Company Limited (BECL) is an indigenous onshore and offshore engineering contracting company with her corporate headquarters in port harcourt and an overseas office at houston, Taxas, USA. The Company has established a reputation for providing highly skilled project management, maintenance, and construction services to the Oil & Gas industry.
BECL was incorporated in 1984 and since then has executed various onshore and offshore projects for clients including SHELL, AGIP, CHEVRON, NNPC, TOTAL, ADDAX among several others. BECL is a corporate member of several professional bodies including Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE), Nigeria Corrosion Association (NICA), Nigerian Institute of Welding (NIW), Oil & Gas Trainers Association of Nigeria (OGTAN) among several others
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Chartered Accountant
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Ensures that Receivables and Payable are duly recorded and followed up on for prompt settlement.
- Designs and enforces a proper Stock Management system to enhance efficiency and minimize wastage.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepares monthly payroll, pension, PAYE and NHF schedules
- Requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly trend analysis on the company’s financial position.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying supporting documentation, obtaining payment authorization and preparing payment advice/cheques.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Manages colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
- Any other assignment that may be assigned by management.
- We are looking for a Graduate with an Accounting background
- Must have a minimum of 2 verifiable years of work experience in core Accounting duties with ability to work without supervision.
- Experience in using computer for variety of tasks.
- Proficient with Quick Books
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel.
- ICAN or ACCA is compulsory (not in view).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: and cc: using the Job position as the subject of the email.
3 total views, 1 today