Full-Time Chief Audit Executive – Merchant Bank (12-18 yrs)
Urgently hiring for Chief Audit Executive with a merchant bank at Lagos, Nigeria.
Ideal candidate should have merchant banking experience & ready to relocate at Nigeria.
– Participate in the development of overall strategic goals and ensure that these are cascaded to the Internal Audit department.
– Continually review and implement improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the department.
– Oversee the continuous review of the business and operational risks facing in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism/ frameworks.
– Develop and implement an annual internal audit plan and ensure compliance with approved plans. Identify control weaknesses/issues and proffer appropriate recommendations based on outcome of the audits.
– Monitor organisation-wide compliance with internal operational procedures.
– Oversee the periodic review of completed audit work to ensure compliance with organisational and professional audit practices.
– Oversee the review of client credit files and ensure completeness of prerequisite/supporting documentations including letter of request, credit appraisal memo and appropriate authorisations and ensure that incomplete documentations are updated as required.
– Provide administrative support for external inspection/ audit activities.
– Act as secretary for the Board Audit Committee and serve on committees or cross-functional teams.
Supervisory, Reporting and Other Duties:
– Ensure information dissemination and training of Internal Audit staff.
– Oversee the motivation and performance appraisal of all Internal Audit staff.
– Facilitate the documentation of periodic management and statutory reports as required:
– Fraud and forgery reports and circulate to banks, CBN and other financial institutions.
– Act on behalf of, and perform any other duties as assigned by the MD.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or relevant field and a relevant professional qualification, such as ACCA, ACA, CPA or CFA
– A minimum of ten years experience in the financial management/accounting function, five of which must be in a senior position within the audit function.
Maternity and Paternity Benefits
20 total views, 2 today