Full-Time Chief Financial Officer
A Religious Organization in Nigeria with Global Presence is in need of a “Chief Financial Officer” (CFO). The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) shall be responsible for advising and supporting the Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor, Ministry Leads, and the Elders Board. The position is strongly oriented toward establishing and maintaining a consultative relationship with the Executive Team. Reporting to the Executive Pastor, the CFO will be responsible for all financial matters of the organization, including finance, accounting, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, reporting, financial services, contract negotiation, contract management, and compliance. The CFO will ensure good stewardship of the Church’s resources, protect the financial integrity of the Church, and assist in the development of the Fiscal Policies of the Church. With a strong eye for detail, the CFO must be a forward-thinking visionary individual. A planner who anticipates barriers and forecasts future needs and proffers solutions.
- Minimum Qualification: MBA / MSc
- Experience Level: Executive level
- Experience Length: 10 years
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lending Relationship
- Operating Line of Credit
- Long Term Debt Management
Cash Management Relationship
- Operations Checking
- Overnight Investments
- Zero Balance Accounts
- Money Market Accounts
- Wires, Positive Pay, etc.
- Ensure the financial budgets are in line with the vision, values, and annual goals of the Organization.
- Ensure the Ministry has the financial resources required to effectively run its Affairs globally.
- The primary driver for coordinating and getting approval on all Church Budgets.
- Responsible for cash flow/liquidity needs of the Church.
- Responsible for implementing a debt reduction strategy.
- The primary driver in creating an Investment Policy for the Church.
- The primary driver in diversifying and investing Church funds in accordance with the Investment Policy of the Church.
- Ensure proper insurance coverage in the following areas:
- Property, Liability, Director & Officers, Foreign Travel, Church Accident, Employee Dishonesty, Medical, Employee Benefits, Workers Compensation, Terrorism, Employment Practices, and Builders Risk.
- Design and Implement internal controls for all financial matters.
- Develop and communicate a financial strategy for obtaining goals.
Responsible for all Property and other Tax related issues.
- Attend Executive Council Meetings
- Meet with the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor regularly and ensure they are fully Briefed on significant financial matters (both positive and negative) in a timely manner.
- Has proficiency with information technology, including knowledge of database and accounting computer applications to supply the most accurate information.
- Possess the ability to maintain confidential information/communication.
- Encourage a fun team spirit and foster cooperation to ensure unity and strength.
- Initiate and nurture strategic relationships within the Church and neighboring Communities.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Executive Council, and utilize the Executive Council to the fullest potential.
- Ensure good communication between Executive Management, the Executive Council, and the Lead Pastors. Possess proven track record and experience in managing a complex, fast-moving, changing Organization to carry out the mission and values of the ministry and managing cash flow.
- Possess experience in providing valuable financial and operational reports coupled with the ability to translate complex financial data into presentable and useable management information.
- Demonstrate great interpersonal skills, hiring, developing, and coaching staff.
- Possess the ability to develop personal and professional credibility, gain respect and build confidence throughout the Organization.
- Be a Leader with the ability to educate Department Heads in using financial reports, statistical analyses, productivity benchmarking, and the budgeting process in the Organization’s day-to-day activities.
- Work with Stewardship Pastor to develop stewardship goals that encourage the Church congregation to be generous givers that experience the joy and spiritual growth of good stewardship.
- Also require experience in properties, employee benefits, risk management, insurance, computer systems, and information technology
- Experience: A seasoned executive with a minimum of ten (10) years working experience as a Chief Financial Officer or the equivalent, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance or a related field, Advanced Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: ACA, ACCA.
- Age: Minimum of forty (40) years
- Remuneration: Minimum of N8.4 Million per annum. Accommodation can be provided on request.
- Fosters a “can do” attitude that combines initiative, a sense of urgency, and a commitment to results.
This position is opened preferably to Female candidates.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
14 total views, 1 today