Full-Time Chief Financial Officer
Our client is a fast growing Technology Solutions firm and are looking to attract a Chief Financial Officer.
Reporting Line: CEO
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be accountable for the financial and risk management operations, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Assist the CEO in formulating the strategic business plans and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Coordinate strategic, long-range financial and business plans of the Company.
- Generate annual budgets for the various business units and lead the budgeting process.
- Develop financial performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Develop, enhance, implement, and enforce financial policies and procedures of the company that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Implement systems to effectively manage the company’s transaction processing systems and implement operational best practices.
- Oversee all monthly, quarterly, and yearly management and financial reporting.
- Review monthly management information and provide sound financial management to members of the management and leadership teams.
- Ensure that record keeping meets all the financial requirements of auditors and regulatory agencies and other stakeholders.
- Serve as the focal point person for investor relations.
- Ensure optimal use of capital and budgetary structure to enhance business profitability.
- Monitor the capital adequacy and ensure availability of sufficient funds to meet business needs.
- Implement systems and processes to optimize working capital.
Risk Management / Financial Compliance
- Prepare and implement financial policies and procedures for use in the company.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Oversee the negotiation of financial terms of contracts and manage implementation.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure contract compliance of all invoices.
- Ensure that the company’s financial record keeping complies with its policy.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in line with financial reporting standards.
- Report financial risk issues to the board.
- Manage foreign currency risks.
- Managing risk through diversification and reducing the correlation of results in the company.
- Bankers: Maintain adequate relations with bankers and financial partners.
- Regulators: Liaise with relevant regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with established laws.
- Auditors: Maintain relations with external auditors and manage the annual audit process.
- Other Business Partners: Maintain strategic relationships with all business partners.
- Supervise all employees in the finance and accounting department.
- Ensure all accounting staff have a personal development plan and are formally appraised annually, or more frequently by agreement.
- Work with the Human Resources team to oversee employee benefit plans, with emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
Minimal of 8 years experience AND Competencies below;
- Leadership: Business partner, communicator, cross-functional, influencer
- Operations: Data analysis, profit improvement, investment and cash flow management
- Controls: Identifying, qualifying, and mitigating risk
- Analytical capacity and proactivity
- Previous experience in Management roles (ideally in technology/service companies).
- Strong communication skills, negotiation, and interpersonal relationships.
- Previous experience working with technology companies is a plus.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
View & Apply
19 total views, 1 today