Full-Time Chief Financial Officer At Alan & Grant
Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Industry: Financial Services
- The Candidate will be responsible for monitoring the performance of the Finance Department, Producing Reports in regards to all financial and accounting activities and Overseeing the Finance Department’s staff in regards to the day-to-day operations by motivating and leading them.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Producing accounts – Responsible for accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls (payroll and invoicing); suggest updates and improvements when necessary.
- Budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial transactions, and ensure that reported results comply with legally and generally accepted accounting principles (best practice will also include International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Prepare reports in a timely manner with accurate financial information
- When required to, present reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Raise capital through banks or outside investors to help foster growth or obtain sales goals.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department (Designing an effect organogram aimed at achieving the department’s goals and objectives)
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports and drive the company’s capital raise expeditions
- To provide financial management and advice to enable the transition of the company into a new organisation with all related activities.
- To manage the day to day operations of the finance and corporate affairs teams and reporting to the General Manager.
- To lead on the design, implementation and production of all key financial information and statutory reporting.
- To ensure that all financial processes and controls meet best practice and fulfils the obligations of contract with third parties.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments and decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- A minimum of 10 -12 years cognate experience on a similar position
- A minimum of B.Sc in Accounting or any related field
- An MBA from a world-accredited institution (desirable)
- A full professional internationally recognized accounting qualification (ACA, CIPFA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent, with significant experience in a financial management role.
- The ability to persuade, instruct and develop non direct reports to support and meet their requirements to organisational reporting.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting method
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and delegations skills are essential
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to strategize and solve financial problems within the group.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
43 total views, 1 today