Full-Time Chief Operating Officer (Engineering & Procurement) – Lagos
Our client is an Engineering, Procurement and Renewable Energy Services based in Nigeria with a team of brilliant individuals with Innovative Technology, they provide the best services in Renewable Energy, Manufacturing and Civil Engineering, Electrical Installation, and Procurement and they are looking to hire a Chief Operating Officer to join and help achieve their company’s goals in Lagos.
Responsible for assisting management in directing and overseeing the operational needs of the Engineering and Procurement Department. Additional responsibilities include tracking business results, performing cost-benefit analysis and monitoring production KPIs, strategizing and focusing on the long- term interests of the business.
- Business performance responsibility including KPI performance (Procurement, Engineering, and Quality).
- Responsible for ensuring the company’s values are present in operations employee/labour relations, and community involvement.
- Including fostering the right environment in the areas of safety, and ethical behavior.
- Drives the aim for the organization and ensuring goals for the operations team align with overall company objectives.
- Direct and manage a cross functional team including Procurement and Engineering,
- Alignment with functional partners e.g. human resources, finance etc. to drive performance and support the company’s initiatives.
- Develops plans for efficient processes, drive continuous improvement in the business and develops solutions to achieve continuous improvement goals.
- Continually develop and implement supply chain strategies to deliver low-cost products and solutions to meet the changing market and business’s needs.
- Supports overall supply chain initiatives and looks to optimize the overall manufacturing network to drive performance.
- Identifies strategic priorities and develops the capital budget and operations expense budgets.
- Develop and implement business plans to ensure operations targets are achieved. Leverage common processes, tools and systems including Lean principles, supplier quality improvement processes and new product introduction processes.
- Champion and implement Operation Excellence process in the company
- Coaches and develops operations team staff fostering cross functional communication.
- Create development plans and training opportunities for employees to increase individual and team development and succession planning.
- Consults with customers and industry representatives to evaluate and promote improved and expanded products and services.
- Intervene to address supply chain failures as necessary
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 7-9 years’ work experience in an engineering field or supply chain field.
- Ready for a C-suite role at a growing company, tackling complex but important challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering field. (Masters degree will be an added advantage)
- Professional certification in Engineering will also be an advantage.
- Experience with databases and project management software.
- Strong track record of managing and growing teams, establishing systems and KPIs, and driving both revenue and profitability.
- Financial Planning
16 total views, 1 today