Part-Time Child Protection In Emergency (cpie) Officer At Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection in Emergency (CPiE) Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate and implementation protection (SGBV) and sexual reproductive health interventions (SRH) under Global Affairs Canada funded project.
- The position holder manages day-to day delivery of high quality SGBV and SRH project interventions implementation and oversees activities of project case workers to build strong implementation.
Dimensions of the Role
- Role reports to project coordinator SGBV/SRH. The post holder will interface and support programme team members (Case workers and volunteers) in line with programme implementation guidelines and works closely with downstream implementing partner.
- The post holder with support from the M&E Officer will ensure running of GBViMS and CPiMS as well as other Plan International Nigeria monitoring and evaluation systems for enhancing information in this project across the implementing locations Bama, Dikwa, Monguno and Jere LGAs.
- The role requires strong organisational skills as well as facilitation skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to project team, beneficiaries and all stakeholders.
- Directly supervises and provide oversight and guidance to project case workers and volunteers to ensure quality deliverables at field level
- Support field monitoring of implementing partner to align and coordinate interventions of the project including timely reporting
- Ensure timely completion and submission of regular reporting
- Participate in developing and regular monitoring of activity implementation plan with the field team.
- Regular project monitoring visits across all locations and propose action and project modifications if need arises.
- Development of all weekly reports on project implementation across locations of responsibility in line with Plan’s requirements.
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations during implementation.
- Working with M&E Officer and CPIMS Assistant in ensuring adequate data capturing of project beneficiaries.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting team spirit
- Prepare a detailed procurement plan and ensure adherence to the timeline established
- Monitor budget and ensure adequate burn rate with support from project Coordinator
- Working with and in coordination with M&E officer, ensure adequate data capturing of project beneficiaries.
- Participate in designing awareness raising activities aimed at promoting changes in attitudes and behaviours regarding GBV and SRH
- Participate in design and training of health workers to ensure provision of quality adolescents friendly SRH services
- Ensure appropriate and sustained messaging of GBV and SRHR information to target beneficiaries
- Ensure all prevention and response protocols to COVID-19 are in place before project activities implementation
- Support capacity of GBV/SRH case workers, review of documentations, training, coaching, supportive supervision and capacity building.
- Design capacity building plans and ensure ongoing capacity building opportunities for project officers, case Workers and community volunteers both technical and management skills.
- Ensure that all Plan policies are upheld, as well as the IASC guidelines on Gender Based Violence and adolescents SRH programming.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enhance Plan International SGVB and SRH programs.
Finance, Admin and Logistics:
- Support project Coordinator to follow-up with Logistics and admin Coordinator, Financial coordinator, and other Programme Managers to ensure coordinated planning and efficient and timely procurement and use of supplies necessary for the smooth running of the programme.
- Monitor and manage programme expenditure and budgets, ensuring resources are optimally utilized and spending is in line with Plan International financial procedures and Donor requirements.
- Follow up and ensure that invoices and supporting files are accurate, consistent and submitted timely donor
- Monitor monthly financial expenditure against DIP and implement revisions as required.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support M&E team in Data management and reporting related to project targets and impact
- Conduct timely routine activity quality monitoring activities, including field-site and post-distribution monitoring – ensure data is shared in a timely fashion with the MEAL Team and department manager.
- Provide support to strengthen the information management, including GBViMS and CPiMS as well as M&E standardised systems for implementation tracking and monitoring purposes.
- Ensure programme delivery is in line with Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
- Ensure consistent and effective networking and coordination at field level (UN sub- sector WGs, Government authorities and relevant NGOs).
- Participate in developing donor proposals budgets and reporting to ensure they are delivered in a timely manner in accordance donor requirements
- Nurture team spirit in the various teams with case workers, volunteers and partner staff
- Regular review of project staff performance and timely feedback to address staff performance.
- Ensure that all staff team are aware of and comply with Plan International’s Nigeria policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all staff are provided with the necessary support and advice to carry out their duties.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Participate in the revision of SOPs when necessary and other security related duties
- Provide safety and security management where relevant to all project staff the field in respect to implementation activities according Plan International Security Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work with various field staff in different sectors in response locations and departments within Plan Nigeria (HR, Admin & Log, M&E, Finance, Programmes) etc.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with experience in INGO with at least 2 years of work experience in humanitarian response in the North East is preferred.
- At least 2- year experience in child protection, gender-based violence and or SRH programming
- Minimum of 2 years of direct CPiE/GBViE Case management, psychosocial support / counselling experience with a reputable agency;
- experience working with survivors of violence in emergency preferred.
- Strong ability to lead women centres and child friendly spaces preferred
- Experience in community participatory techniques and community mobilization
- Knowledge and ability to speak Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage
- Experience in use of GBVIMS / CPiE and other GBV databases is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of Sphere and established international GBV standards, methodology and tools
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent report-writing skills is an additive
- Applicants from Borno State are encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong data analysis skills and experience.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
- Excellent community mobilization skills.
- Based Maiduguri with frequent visit to project site to supervise and monitor project activities.
Level of Contact with Children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very frequent contact with children. It is expected that children who come into contact with Plan International shall be protected at all times.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
View & Apply
12 total views, 1 today