Part-Time Cloud Solution Architect – Azure Apps and Infrastructure
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship between the customer and Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Applications Development Platform. You will own the Cloud Infrastructure and Azure Applications Development technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
This role will own the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical infrastructure architecture discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment. Key responsibilities of the Cloud Solution Architect include:
- Drive the deployment of applications into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Establish deep relationships with key ITDMs and BDMs, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company. Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in infrastructure-related workloads.
- Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization. Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and recommended practices; and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers.
- Coach other technical sellers to become certified in required Azure technical certifications.
- 10 years + of eep understanding of cloud infrastructure technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/projects)
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
- Deep technical experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Cloud Infrastructure: Virtualization, Storage, HPC, VDI, Linux, Containers and container orchestration, OSS
- Cloud Operations / Management: Monitoring and logging, Operations
- Cloud Networking: ExpressRoute, vWAN, Ingress/Egress patterns and services
- Cloud Security & Governance: IAM, monitoring, encryption, cloud native policies and controls
- Cloud platform hosted solutions (e.g. Azure App Service, Kubernetes (AKS/EKS/GKE)
- Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management)
- Continuous integration technologies (e.g. IaC, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet)
- One or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js
- Practical and deep applied experience in scaling the use of public cloud in enterprise organizations.
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
54 total views, 2 today