Full-Time Compliance Officer
The role requires someone who can operate in the compliance function, with the ability to utilize technology and innovation to implement compliance-related goals and objectives that have been laid out. The individual will support the business by providing a solution mindset to AML/CFT and compliance advisory for products, services, and customers based on policies and regulations.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and corporate with business teams to ensure implementation of the compliance processes and culture as delegated by the Head of Compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with AML/CFT requirements; in particular, account activity reviews and investigations to identify unusual and suspicious patterns.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external regulators & statutory agencies.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Carrying out technology-driven transaction monitoring and reporting processes.
- Identifying and escalating suspicious transaction reports for investigations for approval by the CCO for filing to the FIU.
- Ensure the filing of relevant regulatory returns
- Utilizing technology and various investigative tools for KYC monitoring to ensure regulatory alignment.
- Monitor customer risk classification via an electronic tool.
- Ability to support the Head of Compliance to review products and services of the Bank to ensure that ML/TF risks have been identified and mitigants built-in.
- Support expansion for new payments product launches by scoping, defining, and communicating product and compliance requirements
- Participate in preparing the compliance team records for periodic audits of the compliance function.
- Create and circulate compliance awareness slides to inform business units of their compliance responsibilities.
- Ensure due diligence is performed on customers, with Enhanced due diligence being implemented for high-risk customers.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Evaluating business objectives and regulatory developments, and propose compliance solutions within the bank’s risk tolerance and regulatory requirements
- Anticipate changes in regulatory regimes and implement the appropriate changes with our policy and procedure owners
- Reviews bank policy changes for compliance issues prior to final design and implementation.
- Ensure compliance with ethics policy and implementation of whistleblowing.
- Oversee fraud investigations involving customer accounts and recovery of funds and coordinate investigations with appropriate internal resources and external investigation and enforcement officials.
- Conduct internal investigations of employee activities where there are violations of bank policy or regulation.
Education and Experience:
- Experience of 1 – 4 years. Also, experience in applicable payments, card networks, agent banking, and money transmission rules and regulations.
- Membership of any compliance institution such as ICA, ACAMS, and CIN is an advantage.
- Compliance training done with the ICA, ACAMS, CIBN, NIBSS, FITC and the like would be an added advantage.
- Transaction monitoring and reporting.
- KYC Monitoring and reporting.
- A fundamental understanding of payments fraud, with the associated metrics and technologies.
- Basic to medium level knowledge of local and Global AML Compliance and Banking regulations
- Basic knowledge of Customer Risk assessment and Compliance Risk Management
- SQL, Data science knowledge is an added advantage.
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel,
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills to close out assigned tasks.
- Contribute to other needs within the Compliance team as may be required from time to time
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
41 total views, 3 today