Full-Time CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – PIPELINE COMPETENCE
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – PIPELINE COMPETENCE
ILF Nigeria, office Lagos, Nigeria
Location: ILF Abuja Office
Reporting To: Project Manager
In Absence Replaced By: Assigned Engineering Manager (s)
Adhering to mission statement, to code of conduct, and IMS system and further company specific documents.
- Promoting communication and team spirit within the team as well as ensuring adequate and regular flow of information to the employees and vice-versa, and organizing regular meetings; ensuring adherence to the principles of internal and external communication .
- Ensuring that each employee accurately knows what his/her tasks and responsibilities are on site. Responsible for supervising all construction team
- Responsible to ensure success of the project with respect to construction activities
- Review of all design documents and ensuring accuracy of contents
- Intervening in due time if an employee is unable to (fully) perform the tasks assigned on a site and ensuring a timely replacement.
- Organizing and conducting departmental meetings and attending further periodic management and client meetings where invited
- Ensuring the quality of the project work of all employees under the span of control,
- Providing technical support to the best of abilities to the project managers
- Contributing to the review of design documents
- Dealing with errors with serious consequences for ILF
- Performing discipline-internal checks and approving work packages or documents or initiating work packages or documents
- Required to support all project manager where applicable
- To perform all tasks/activities relevant to the company, assigned by the Management as required.
- Be aware of and obey the Company Quality policy and responsible for the quality of overall construction works
- Attend all the company-organized training courses when invited.
- Adhering to the guidelines for health and safety protection, as well as the company-specific IMS documents and instruction of employees in accordance with the valid legal and company-specific provisions
- Adhering to environmental protection guidelines
Critical (Must Have) Technical Competence:
- Have previously held construction manager position for major cross country pipeline projects of large diameter
- Have worked with major EPC companies or IOC/ NOC
- Have worked on gas receiving stations
Managerial Competency Requirements
- Able to perform functions of planning, organizing and coordinate efforts of entire engineering team.
- Competent to distribute work and responsibilities to various disciplines.
- Proactive in engaging management on all relevant issues within a project and the company.
- Ability to take decisions and to early identify project scope deviations and potential delays in execution and to introduce mitigation measures to compensate.
- Early recognition, registration, and notification to Project Manager of non-contractual services.
- Identify and report to Project Manager all events, requests, particularly in relation to possible contractual consequences.
- Establish a working atmosphere of mutual respect within and among all team members
- Highest level of self-organization and leadership. Able to delegate responsibilities to various engineering disciplines.
Competency Requirements •
Extensive technical capability and physical endurance.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong team player.
- Able to promote united team.
- High level of diversity tolerance and understanding.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment; high energy and enthusiasm.
Minimum 8 years of managerial experience.
Technical Experience Minimum cognate experience of 20 years in Construction management of which more than 10 years in Pipeline construction management
Minimum Qualification B. Sc. In an Engineering Discipline. A Master’s Degree in an Construction Management, Pipeline, Oil and gas management is required.
Linguistic Skills : Excellent written and spoken English is mandatory. German advantageous.
Please send your application to:
ILF Engineers Nigeria Ltd.
Ms. Ms Joy Ukaha
Block D, Plot 23
Water Corporation Drive,
Lagos (Victoria Island), Lagos
Phone: +234 (1) 2 12 59 99
Fax: +234 (1) 9 50 37
View & Apply
13 total views, 1 today