Full-Time Construction Supervisor Recruitment at Saro Lifecare Limited
Saro Agrosciences is the pioneer subsidiary of the Saroafrica International group and was established in 1991 as Saro Pharma & Chemical Co. Ltd. We have evolved through different operational models and names starting as Saro Pharma & Chemical Co Ltd to Saro Agrochemicals and now Saro Agrosciences. Saro Agrosciences has grown into a leading player in the agriculture industry. We are passionately committed to empowering the Nigerian farmer with superior agro-inputs like Crop Protection Products, Seeds, Fertilizers, Farming Machinery and knowledge that will enable these farmers to increase their yield and livelihood in a sustainable manner
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Construction Supervisor
Job Location: Site – Magboro – Lagos Ibadan Expressway, Oyo (Close to Mountain of Fire prayer city)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The construction supervisor will oversee the construction activities that occurs on the site.
- He will work closely with the architects, construction/installation team and operations team during the project.
- He will also liaise with the project team to secure needed layout /construction approvals & signoffs, and site inspections at critical phases.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be a Saro representative present on site.
- Monitoring daily site works and ensuring that resources are well allocated.
- Ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations at all times. He makes sure the right level of supervision is in place, workers are well always kitted with right personal protective equipment, as well as identification and closure of unsafe conditions on-site.
- Be part of the routine site inspection on equipment, material, and job progress.
- Monitoring protocols and standards, scheduling staff, escalating design problems to project Mgr/ technical team as required.
- Ensuring procedures are adhered to and helping to communicate/ re-enforce job expectations to workers.
- Ensure budget control, identifying variances, and monitoring project day-to-day site expenses/ material usage.
- Supervise contractors against an already aligned brief /scope as shared by the project team.
- Liaise with project team to secure needed layout /construction approvals & signoffs, and site inspections at critical phases.
- Maintain healthy and safe work environment by enforcing procedures and standards and complying with legal regulations.
- Work with project Mgr. to ensure the right condition/ protective equipment are available for people to visit site, inspectors well received, and that work area is good for visiting Saro staffs.
- Ensure report of daily progress is handy for the project team/ relevant stakeholders.
- Monitoring construction processes and providing safety induction briefing/ training for new & existing workers.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or similar.
- OND, HND or Bachelor’s Degree in any construction-related, technical field, or Agric engineering or core engineering preferable.
- Some experience in the construction industry & ability to read construction layout drawings will be an added advantage.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organization and planning skills to prioritize and balance work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to focus and keep calm under pressure.
- Computer proficient, with experience in MS Excel, Project, and Word.
- Between 27 – 40 years.
16 total views, 1 today