Full-Time Database Administration Support
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Manage the security and disaster recovery of the Bank’s databases
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
- Data mapping from OrbitR to FlexCube Database
- Good practical knowledge of Solaris Operating System.
- Create/ensure synchronization between Live/Standby/DR databases
- Fast responses to incidents submitted to DBA
- Routine backup of all databases
- Adhere to policy/guidelines on data management
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Run EoD/EoM on a daily/monthly basis
- Design BIP reports for End Users.
- Stop and start the databases as required
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for End-Users
- Build data models for specific Users.
- Review database storage and plan for growth
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- write database documentation, including data standards and procedures
- Control access permissions and privileges for Users
- Develop, manage and test backup and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- carry out capacity planning
- Work closely with other Unit/Group Managers for a common purpose
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Actively participate in the movement of Core Banking from OrbitR to FlexCube.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in the appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree.
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
23 total views, 1 today