Full-Time DevOps Engineer
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for managing and optimizing our current cloud architecture. He/She is an advocate for new and relevant technology as well as for DevOps principles, helping us to build and deploy state of the art services in a fast, secure and cost efficient manner. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and support our other members of the engineering team who work cross-functionally with product and design to share and learn best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ongoing monitoring of the organisation’s digital architecture, checking for performance and compliance
- Planning the evolution of software and IT systems
- Working with development teams on the building of websites, applications, and software pieces
- Keeping up with the management of internal databases
- Working to resolve issues and problems with systems and software, and to put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur
- Working with planning departments to get software and systems up and running in a timely manner, and ensuring long-term scalability for the business
- Developing digital infrastructure and working on automated code to improve efficiency and reduce risk
- Testing and maintaining digital infrastructure in the long term
- Building frameworks for software and application deployment
- Building platform environments to support auto-scaling for the business in the future
- Liaising closely with both development and operational teams
- Conducting analyses, and feeding this data back to relevant teams to support their efforts
- Staying on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements
- University degree, preferably in IT or Computer Science
- 4+ years experience managing digital services
- Extensive experience of DevOps and leading a DevOps transformation would be a significant strength
- You would be defining and setting development, test, release, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Proven leader in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience configuring Authentication services (e.g. Auth0, Microsoft Active Directory).
- Experience with Agile software development and Test-driven development.
- Bonus: experience with Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
- Bonus: experience with GraphQL.
- Know how to build automated processes wherever possible.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
80 total views, 1 today