Full-Time Director, Health Informatics
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation ( ) is seeking a Director, Health Informatics to lead strategic information interventions for an upcoming program in Nigeria.
This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project. The position is contingent upon award.
The Director, Health Informatics will ensure the implementation of Health Information Systems (HIS) best practices in alignment with country, donor and organizational policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and lead project initiatives and provide technical assistance related to scaling up the implementation and maintenance of the National Data Repository/Electronic Medical Record (NDR).
- Oversee HIS assessments and development of solutions to address identified gaps
- Develop capacity building plans for facility, state and national ministry staff in implementing HIS.
- Establish requirements of data sets for analysis, data dictionaries, metadata and dashboards.
- Provide technical assistance in HIS at national, state and facility level.
- Oversee development and implementation of annual work plans for HIS components of the project.
- Support M&E planning to answer key questions including assisting in the development and tracking of indicators.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the various partners/stakeholders.
MS in Epidemiology or Microbiology, MPH, Computer Science or other relevant technical advanced degree.
At least 7 years’ experience in implementing HIS programs, with at least 3 focused on HIV programs.
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation ( ) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
are at the heart of our mission to improve the human condition through teaching, research and service.
View & Apply
141 total views, 1 today