Company description FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world.
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Driver
The Nigeria Alive & Thrive (A&T) MIYCN social and behavior change program focuses on improving the delivery and expanding the coverage of MIYCN interventions that contribute to reducing maternal, newborn and child mortality and morbidity. A&T will work across the public and NGO sectors to improve MIYCN through A&T’s four components: advocacy, interpersonal communication and community mobilization, mass communication, and strategic use of data. At the national level, A&T will predominantly work with its public and NGO sector partners to improve the implementation, monitoring, and enforcement of key MIYCN policies (e.g., Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes; maternity leave; workplace support; breastfeeding-friendly health care and delivery facilities). A&T will also work in seven states-Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno, and Sokoto-to apply the four components to reach households, communities, and facilities with targeted, age-appropriate social and behavior change communication (SBCC) messaging on MIYCN practices.
At both the national level and in the seven states, emphasis will be to build the capacity of the public sector (primary healthcare facilities) and local NGOs/CBOs to improve MIYCN practices, advance MIYCN policies, expand the promotion of positive social norms, and extend timed and age-appropriate behavior change messaging through commercial facilities to households and communities.
Alive & Thrive is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and managed by FHI Solutions.
Under the direction of the Finance and Admin Officer, the driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Convey FHI Solutions Nigeria Staff and Consultants to designated approved locations.
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security, and maintenance of the assigned project vehicle.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc requests by the office.
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Fulfill special requests by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Required profile for job ad : Driver
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Matured and willing to work at odd hours.
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Secondary school leaving certificates, apprentice certificate or any other equivalen
- Certificates with a minimum of 2-years’ experience.
- Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license.
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage.
- Experience with large complex organizations preferred.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Job criteria for job ad : Driver Job category :
Social, public and human services
Employment type :
Permanent contract – Fixed-term contract
2 total views, 1 today