Part-Time Driver At Nuru Nigeria
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustaining, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Hong / Gombi, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: Transportation and Logistics
Reports To: Field Office Coordinator
Terms and Conditions: The appointment will be open ended for long-term fixed employment based on annual contract extensions.
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the timely and safe transportation of persons and supplies safely toward their destination. Also, the Drivers will support basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases.
- This position reports to the NN Field Office Coordinator.
- The Driver position is a highly versatile role, S/He will be responsible for the safe transport of NN and RST personal throughout a variety of environments.
- The Driver is an integral part of the team at NN. In addition to driving responsibilities, the Driver will assist the team in a variety of different ways.
- The Driver must be adaptable to new situations and operating in areas with a moderate degree of risk.
- To operate NN vehicles as directed by the Field Office Coordinator.
- To assist in Field Office Coordinator in travel and Fleet Management.
- To assist the Field Office Coordinator in Procurement processes, including purchase, accommodation, and travels
- To ensure punctuality and safe transport
- To observe the road, traffic laws and regulations of Nigeria
- Perform minor repairs, arrange for other repairs, and prepare vehicles spare parts inventory.
- Assist in the procurement of new vehicles as required
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Car Security & Maintenance
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition always
- Ensure vehicle is kept secured at all times
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
- Assist the Field Office Coordinator to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, etc;
- Alcohol & any form of drugs that will destabilize judgement must not be consumed or present whilst on duty
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor
- At least Secondary School Leaving Certificate and a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a driver with good driving record
- Knowledge Understanding of transportation law
- Good traffic judgment
- Good knowledge about car mechanics
- Knowledge of the location of international organizations, airline offices, hotels, and restaurants
- Knowledge on operation and maintenance of the office equipment
- Excellent driving skills
- Flexible, effective teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good in communicating in English
- Most possess a valid driver license.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability, and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: please reference the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
22 total views, 1 today