Part-Time Engineer – Technician At Hilton Worldwide
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer – Technician
Job Number: HOT07IA9
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Brand: Curio Collection by Hilton
Shift: Full Availability
Job Level: Team Member
Potential Benefits: Housing, Transport, Additional benefits as per company policy
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
- An Engineer/Technician will support the Engineering Team to efficiently maintain all hotel operations such that safety, security, conversation, and compliance are ensured at the highest levels.
What will I be doing?
- As Engineer/Technician, you will support the Engineering Team to ensure that engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including general property maintenance energy conservation, are working properly and to standard.
- You are also responsible for the development of the Engineering Team and staying abreast of compliance regulations and procedures in the field of Engineering, as required for hotel standards.
Specifically, an Engineer will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Perform day-to-day routine and preventative maintenance within the hotel rooms
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any maintenance calls that arise
- Execute the preventative maintenance schedule and ensure all equipment and designated areas are maintained to the required standard
- Assist in the implementation of energy conservation program
- Recommend maintenance system improvements and energy savings
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas in good condition
- Keep your technical training knowledge and skills up to date
AC / Refrigerator:
- Mechanic is responsible for maintaining all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and installations in good working condition by carrying out necessary repairs and preventive maintenance
What will I be doing?
As an AC/Refrigerator Mechanic, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Reports to the A/C and Refrigeration Technician/Foreman regarding daily work progress and trouble report completion.
- Attains all refrigeration and A/C trouble reports on daily basis. Guest room trouble is given priority
- Works closely with A/C and Refrigeration Technician/Foreman and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and annual maintenance program
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Able to read Building, Air-conditioning, Refrigeration and Electrical drawings
- Able to fault find and repair air-conditioning, refrigeration and building control systems.
- Good electrical knowledge
- Knowledge of BMS systems.
- Experience of reciprocating Chillers and Air handling plant and cold rooms
- Familiar with planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programmes
- Flexible and team player – able to work on own initiative – Good understanding of water treatment techniques and able to handle chemicals
- Makes periodic inspection tours to check all refrigeration equipment functioning properly
- Carries out guest room maintenance according to schedule programme
- Works closely with electrician to carry out electrical work when required, including functions and parties
- Daily refrigeration log sheet to be filled and temperature to be recorded
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by supervisor
- Keeps all necessary tools in good working condition, keep their working place neat and clean
- Attains all departmental meetings and training classes
- A AC/Refrigerator Mechanic serving Hilton Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum 5 years air-conditioning or refrigeration installation or maintenance experience in Industrial/Commercial Projects
- Good all round practical trade skills inclusive fabrication, installation and maintenance
- Preferable apprentice time service candidate It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Hotels-Hospitals experience
What are we looking for?:
- An Engineer/Technician serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A certificate in a specialized field such as Electrical, Mechanical, Refrigeration, Carpentry, or Plumbing, required
- Current working knowledge of general maintenance and engineering work
- Experience in the Maintenance Department of a large hotel, hospital, ship, and/or restaurant complex or similar
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for delivering great customer service
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
How to Apply
Intereste and qualified candidates should:
31 total views, 1 today