Full-Time Engineering Manager – Identity Solutions At Canonical
Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely and more cost effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others’. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why its the fastest growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager – Identity Solutions
About the Job
- Canonical seeks to provide a comprehensive multi-cloud approach to open source and proprietary identity systems integration, enabling businesses to unify their approach to identify for new multi-cloud operations, and integrate with existing identity infrastructure.
- This is an exciting opportunity for a technical leader passionate about open source identity management in clouds and in the enterprise.
- As the leader of the Identity solutions team, you’ll be responsible for designing and maintaining a series of open source products that enable Canonical’s customers and the broader community to consume the best of breed open source software in the identity management space.
- This role is for a proven technical leader who has deep experience in authn/authz and identity, and a desire to design and build identity solutions that integrate systems in a secure and reliable manner.
- As an engineering manager at Canonical your primary responsibility is to your team: helping them grow as engineers, do important and satisfying work, and have a great time while doing it.
- Technical leadership experience and a background in software engineering are necessary prerequisites for this role.
- You will be expected to lead, challenge, and develop strong engineers, positively influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
- Come and build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, the growing international software company behind Ubuntu.
What You’ll Do
- Lead engineers to ship open source identity solutions meeting established standards and protocols, like OpenID, OpenIAM, PKI, LDAP, and public cloud IDM
- Build and manage a globally distributed team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Demonstrate sound engineering principles by contributing in person to your team’s goals
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Effectively set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Ensure that your team delivers great products that users love by maintaining a culture of quality and engineering excellence
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- Work from home with global travel up to 20% for internal and external events
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent
- You have knowledge of and interest in software, standards, protocols and concepts in the identity space, like OpenID, OpenIAM, PKI, LDAP, and public cloud IDM
- You have a software engineering background, preferably with Python experience
- You are familiar with Kubernetes and excited to optimise workload operations on it
- You value secure coding and standards and enjoy working on teams that do the same
- You love embracing new technologies and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, with a view to building products that improve how people operate software and infrastructure everywhere
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record of doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
25 total views, 1 today