Full-Time Entry Level Quantity Surveyor Recruitment at The Place – Smackers Limited
The Place – We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are a profitable player in the QSR sector of the Hospitality industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of over 1000 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Quantity Surveyor – Entry Level
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are searching for a reliable Entry level quantity surveyor to join our capable team of professionals at The Place Restaurant.
- The quantity surveyor will be tasked with analyzing existing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans and preparing quantity estimates, negotiating with various contractors and vendors, as well as building relationships with clients and site managers.
- To be successful as a quantity surveyor, you should have a methodical approach and superb interpersonal skills. Outstanding quantity surveyors are not only great at analyzing costs, but they also know how to read people and tailor their negotiation strategies to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Keeping track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
- Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Traveling from the office to various sites as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or similar.
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Great networking abilities.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.
11 total views, 1 today