Contract EOC Administrative Coordinator
Who we are
(eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
- Health Delivery Systems
- Public Health Emergency Management Systems
- Disease Surveillance Systems
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
- Nutrition & Food Security Systems
In each of these programmatic areas, we partner with governments, communities, nonprofits and other stakeholders to generate holistic solutions, because we believe that every community deserves access to the types of tools that can enable them to lead healthier lives.
Purpose of the position
The EOC Administrative Coordinator oversees a variety of administrative and technical services to support activities of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC). S/he ensures quality services are rendered at the front desk and points of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events. Sets up meeting rooms with appropriate technology and arranges lunches, dinners, and refreshments for meetings.
- Oversees all secretarial/clerical duties including recording and transcribing minutes of meetings, photocopying, fax, and mailing. Assists in managing all technical equipment (printers, computers, projectors, etc.)
- Responsible for assigning daily tasks and overseeing the maintenance of electronic and Physical copy filing systems, and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, and emails.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the organization, as appropriate, to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- Supervises entries, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the EOC. Organizes and maintains electronic and paper filing systems for EOC resources, tools, and materials, including files on the shared drive.
- Ensure general administrative/Technical support to the EOC Office staff and Partners as required are provided.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, VPN, Email Routing, and HTTP. Investigates, diagnoses, and solves computer software and hardware faults.
- Installs maintains, configures, and troubleshoots telecommunication infrastructure, including VOIP phones, AP’s, WLAN controllers including servers, printers, computers workstations, etc.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Provides technical support to troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management or any related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years Technical administrative support experience preferably in an International NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software and troubleshooting.
- Able to communicate by various modes such as verbally in-person, Mobile phone, pager, and direct connect/radio.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work holidays. Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess the good problem-solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in the program
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
eHA Gender Diversity Statement
At eHealth Africa, diversity is integral to who we are. We value and honor diverse backgrounds and experiences, strive to create inclusive and equitable working environments that promote Learning, Fairness, and Opportunities for all.
We believe strongly in our mission and values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
IMPACT & QUALITY:
We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small..
INNOVATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING:
We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.
29 total views, 1 today