Part-Time Executive / Pastry Chef At Tpinnae International Limited
Tpinnae Hospitality Concept (THIS) represents a move towards the fusing of the diverse cultures in African Hospitality, the growing Hospitality Business and the vastly untapped and phenomenally rich African Art & Culture. With a decade-long experience in hospitality, we have built a close tie with Hospitality and Tourism based projects in the region along with African Hospitality Concepts.
In partnership with regional stakeholders, we arecommitted to playing a leading role in the development of the Hotel and Tourism businesses within the region. Distinguishable as a “down to earth & realistic” Hospitality Consultancy Group, Tpinnae (THIS) Hospitality thrives on passing on Expert Consultancy, Standard Hotel Procedures Training, On the Floor Supervision and Measurable Deliverables every step of the way.
With the goal to positively impact on Quality Hospitality Services, Tpinnae Hospitality is constantly priming itself to be a leader in the development, launching and operational effectiveness of mid-range properties (50 – 150 rooms).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive / Pastry Chef
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversees a restaurant’s kitchen by managing other members of the food preparation team, deciding what dishes to serve and adjusting orders to meet guests’ requests
- May assist in prep work, such as chopping vegetables, but more often will be involved in cooking specialty dishes
- Chooses ingredients and designs a menu based on the seasonal availability of food items
- Creates unique dishes that inspire guests to come back again and again to see what is new in the restaurant.
- Cook guests’ orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavour
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant
- Coaches the sous chef and other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the restaurant
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy
- Takes direction and works with the restaurant’s administrative team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Training in Culinary Arts
- 3 – 10 years work experience
- Works Quickly
- Physical Stamina, Creative Flair, Flexible Schedule and Strong Communication
- Organisational Skills, Team Mentality and Leadership Skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: and cc: using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
67 total views, 1 today