Full-Time Executive Secretary
The Network for Agricultural Technical Education of Nigeria (NATEN) is seeking an Executive Secretary to lead its secretariat/drive the vision/mission of the network and all the initiatives of the Board of Trustees. The Executive Secretary will be instrumental for the network to reach its goals. The ideal candidate will be proactive, take initiative to identify new opportunities (funding and impact-generating), and take ownership over the timely and quality completion of his/her work. The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership qualities, motivation, resourcefulness, and the ability to diplomatically work with stakeholders (including current and potential member colleges), donors, individuals, public and private sector partners. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills and follow NATEN and donor procedures and regulations.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Responsible for the overall performance of the network’s; promote, organize and facilitate NATEN activities in coordination with the Chairman and Board of Trustees
- Supervise the personnel and activities; train, mentor and evaluate F2F field staff and their performance.
- Act as Representative in meetings where the Chairman is unable to attend and liaise with Winrock, donors, AET institutions, agribusinesses, NGOs, individuals, public and private organizations as necessary.
- Develop strategic partnerships to leverage other public and private sector resources and ensure project success.
- Prepare project descriptions, work plans, budgets, and reports as required by NATEN and funder policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and swift implementation of activities.
- Review monthly financial reports and funds requests sent to the BoT and operate the official bank account of NATEN as a joint signatory.
- Initiate and participate in local outreach activities.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
- University degree (advance degree preferred) in agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural education, adult education, international development, management, accounting or relevant topic
- 5 years experience in the managerial level of Membership Based Organization (MBO)
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in project development and management
- Ability to identify grant opportunities and write winning grants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for managing relations with donors and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent writing skills
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
View & Apply
47 total views, 1 today