Full-Time Farm Manager
Amcast Farms is an Agro-tech and commodity trading company located in Owerri, Imo State. We are recruiting to fill the position of Farm Manager, an individual expected to show expertise in Management practices, Farm Operations, Poultry Management, Sales, Resource Management and General Administration. The ideal candidate should be a keen problem solver with business development and management skills. We are looking for a dynamic individual that is self-motivated and experienced. The farm manager will take the lead in coordination/ monitoring of staff and farm activities, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports, and ensuring maximum growth of the farm/brand. Applicants should be able to build and maintain professional networks, a good brand reputation and keep track of developments in all areas of agricultural science.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Assessing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements based on findings.
- Ensures accurate collection of data in the field.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Ensuring all farm requirements like seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are restocked on time.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Organizing effective marketing and sale of farm products.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with the board to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Science, Project Management, Economics or equivalent (ability to deliver is of utmost importance).
- At least 3 years of practical and relatable experience.
- A passion for agriculture with excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make good decisions in that capacity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Readiness to work overtime as required.
- Additional knowledge in business management or administration is a plus.
Salary: NGN 150,000- 200,000
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
12 total views, 1 today