Full-Time Female Internship Programme – ICT Intern Maiduguri
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled or have recently graduated from a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines;
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate study;
- Have attended courses in the last 12 months;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Strong knowledge of computer-based networking;
- Customer oriented approach with Fast response time to queries from clients and good communication skills, with problem description of technical issues in a non-technical way.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations or Humanitarian Sector; Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Knowledge of data analytics and tools will be of added advantage.
- Fluent in English and local language (Hausa or Kanuri)
The purpose of this female internship programme is to build WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements. The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability though providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The selected candidate will be assisting the ICT unit with the following key duties:
- Assisting with basic Help desk support in providing first level support for customers under close supervision of IT Associate.
- Following up on customer requirements and report to IT unit daily.
- Assisting in the maintenance of systems and equipment by carrying out routine tasks, such as assisting with issuance of IT equipment, monitoring of network and systems, assisting with video conferencing setup. under close supervision of IT assistant.
- Assisting with set up and upgrades of computers, phones, and other accessories.
- Assisting in keeping track of various equipment, issuing items to staff members, and receiving items.
- Assisting in the deployment/dissemination of standard material, such as, computer hardware and/or software.
- Assisting in updating the asset management system by doing the physical count with other colleagues.
- Assisting with performing assigned internet research on a variety of technology solutions to support the mission of WFP.
- Participating in testing new equipment and technologies.
- Assisting on special projects related to hardware and software enhancement and troubleshooting.
- Compiling all up-to-date IT documentation – network diagram, user’s manual and other IT related document.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Good experience with IT tools (office suites and Internet in general)
- Knowledge with tools and standards for the software development process modelling and management
- Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging, team-oriented environment
- Inter-personal communications skills
- Must be a Female
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
- Duration: 8 months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submission of applications is 11th September, 2021.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
World Food Programme
23 total views, 2 today