Part-Time FIELD RESEARCHERS IN NORTHEASTERN NIGERIA
For upcoming projects in northeastern Nigeria – Lake Chad area – we are looking for several field researchers with experience in collecting quantitative and qualitative data and interviewing. The assignments are scheduled to start in January 2021 for a duration of 10-15 days.
The field researchers will be the primarily responsible for direct contact with the beneficiaries have a great bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output.
Women are especially encouraged to apply
She/he will be closely supervised by and report to the Data Collection Supervisor. The core task will be to to conduct field visits of potential beneficiaries to gather data on the project.
1. Conduct data collection
- Conduct data collection using the provided data collection surveys through interviews and direct observation.
- Interview the identified participants of the project within the project area to ensure the data and info that have been recorded within registered forms.
- Document all the findings in the provided data collection tools.
- Compiling and sorting the filled data collection tools as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure collected data is accurately recorded.
- Capture data using digital data entry technology provided.
- Ensure anonymity of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents.
- Identify and report any challenges faced that could affect the quality of the data.
- Report daily issues and challenges to the project officers.
- Any other duties assigned by the project manager.
- Present the data to the supervisor at the end of each day.
- Report to the supervisor before and after day’s work for further direction.
- Submits the daily site visit report to the field supervisor.
3. Post-data collection
- Ensure that all questionnaires and equipment are accounted for.
- Turn over all literature and materials used in the survey to the supervisor.
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected.
QUALIFICATIONS & MAIN SKILLS
Requirements : Technical & Functional skills skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and confidence to undergo household visits.
- Computer literacy to be able to work on smart phone-based data collection applications.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills and experience in participatory methodology.
- Innovative, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to accomplish each day’s work with the supervisor by the end of each day.
- Minimum completed high school (university degree is an asset)
- Strong knowledge of interview techniques
- Previous experience in collecting quantitative and qualitative data
- Perfect command of English
- Good knowledge of local languages is an asset
- Exceptional reading and writing / note taking skills
- Familiarity, willingness and ability to work in rural areas
2 total views, 1 today