Part-Time Field Security Officer
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The role of the Field Security Officer is to implement & manage duty of care in accordance with CTG’s contracts & obligations.
- Induction training & providing the security awareness brief to all newly hired staff.
- Vetting & status check on all nationals as required.
- Review & track trip reports (not movement requests).
- Providing security advice to projects & consultants.
- Advising all CTG projects, staff & consultants on security incidents by sms & email as agreed with Account Managers.
- Undertaking analysis & sending out a monthly Nigerian wide security situation report.
- Establish a security information network to receive & then send out security advisories.
- Develop relationships with the client Security Managers, UNDSS & other security organisations in Nigeria.
- Keep updated contact list / database of staff supervisors & security focal points.
- Establish an emergency call out procedure for each project so CTG can track & react to incidents.
- Deploy forward to the regions to undertake reconnaissance of locations to assist consultants.
- Incident management, fill out incident reports, be on call to deal with emergencies & undertake investigations as directed.
- Establish a lessons learned register post incident.
- Assist Account Managers with personal administration for consultants.
- Other tasks as directed by the Head of Security & Country Manager.
- Monthly country security report.
- Incident reporting.
- Weekly Nigeria team report (security component).
- Reports to the Country Manager, will be required to work closely with the Account Managers & the Country Manager in Nigeria.
- Under the direction of the Account Managers, will be working with the client & the consultants as required. Will be required to develop local & international security networks.
- This role will be working closely with the CTG team in Nigeria.
- Diploma in Security.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Security experience.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Should have 5 – 10 years experience in the security industry.
- Is good with clients & can build relationships.
- Is a capable administrator.
- Has good written & verbal communication skills (English).
- Has experience working in Nigeria.
- Has an understanding of local security networks & vetting.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
View & Apply
189 total views, 1 today