Full-Time Finance Controller Recruitment at Benek Engineering
Benek Engineering Company Limited (BECL) is an indigenous onshore and offshore engineering contracting company with her corporate headquarters in Port Harcourt and an overseas office at Houston, Texas, USA. The Company has established a reputation for providing highly skilled project management, maintenance, and construction services to the Oil & Gas industry.
BECL was incorporated in 1984 and since then has executed various onshore and offshore projects for clients including SHELL, AGIP, CHEVRON, NNPC, TOTAL, ADDAX among several others. BECL is a corporate member of several professional bodies including Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE), Nigeria Corrosion Association (NICA), Nigerian Institute of Welding (NIW), Oil & Gas Trainers Association of Nigeria (OGTAN) among several others
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Controller
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Maintain stewardship for financial assets and debt, including being in charge of cash management, debt management and investment management functions of the organization and its affiliated entities.
- Develop and implement daily, monthly and quarterly cash forecasting models.
- Present revised financial forecasts based on actual spend and the organisation’s financial position.
- Responsible for financial investments and capital growth
- Advise on the organisation’s reserves and investment policy
- Research and recommend financing alternatives, analyzing options and providing recommendations to the Management.
- Structuring debt arrangements with lenders, managing corporate investments and monitoring cash flow.
- Ensures the maintenance of corporate liquidity and financial stability.
- Liaise with Tax Authorities, Auditors and other Regulatory bodies as regards preparation and filing of the Audited Financials and other Tax related matters.
- Ensuring prompt remittance and various statutory deduction i.e VAT, PAYE, CIT, Pension Fund etc.
- Drive the implementation of approved finance policies inthe company.
- Drive and oversee the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all business units within the company are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of periodic management reports in the company to aid management decision-making.
- Ensure ongoing review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments within the plant on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with DCP Nigeria’s accounting policies, and IFRS.
- Assume overall responsibility for the integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of the plant’s financial report with relevant reporting regulations.
- Ensure effective utilisation of plant’s financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks, and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Ensure that organisational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure respective plant complies with all applicable tax laws and statutory requirements.
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders including local and international tax authorities, tax consultants, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of the department’s budget and approve departmental in line with approved authority limits.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Company Director on the activities of the department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience with at least three (3) years in a senior managerial position in finance.
- Minimum of 4 years of construction experience is mandatory.
- Masters is an added advantage
- Ability to use SAP is an advantage
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: and CC: using the Job position as the subject of the email.
3 total views, 1 today