Full-Time Finance Manager
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for monitoring the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as processing and posting of financial transactions, invoicing, bank reconciliation, producing financial reports and support the management team in making informed business decision in the short and long term.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce financial statements including P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Analyse financial information to assist business profitability and growth.
- Review accounting processes, practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations.
- Support with project billing, and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and remittance of monthly taxes to the appropriate tax authorities.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Track and determine financial status by analysing actual results in comparison with forecasts.
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning process.
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision making across the organization.
- Prepare statutory and management accounts for audit purposes.
- Manage operating and capital expenditure.
- Provide recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Carry out other financial administration tasks as assigned by the team lead.
- B.Sc. degree in Financial Management, Economics, or related field.
- A Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CPA)
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a Finance Manager.
- Proficient in excel spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting, corporate finance, costing and information analysis.
- Well informed in current financial subjects, tax laws, money market and business environment.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.
21 total views, 1 today