Full-Time Finance Manager
Job summary: The role is responsible for running the accounting and financial activities of the company as well as its reconciliation and settlements. A core operational role that is a cross between front and back-office functions. Provide financial information to other departments, enabling these departments to make budgeting and investment decisions. Reporting on costs, productivity, margins, company expenditures and third-party settlements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the effective running of day-to-day activities of the Accounts department.
- Managing and overseeing the company’s financial systems (ERP system).
- Managing the financial reporting for the organization. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting, 5-year financial plans and all statutory financial reporting.
- Providing sound financial support and insights to enable the organization to make critical business decisions.
- Presentation of financial results and insights to the Chief Financial Officer
- Play a key role in the formulation of the business’s strategy for the company.
- Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs of the organization and liaising with the external tax firm for specialist advice.
- Managing and overseeing the cash flow of the company and ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls including foreign currency transactions.
- Managing the External Auditor relationship and ensuring the organization is compliant with accounting standards and principles.
- Managing and overseeing the company’s banking and borrowing arrangements.
- Overseeing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Treasury, Financials and Management Accounting functions.
- Ensuring the business has a solid risk framework in place.
- Overseeing commercial decision making from tender analysis, margin analysis, pricing analysis etc.
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs.
- Advising on market changes and providing strategic financial recommendations to the organization.
- Managing and tracking budget and accounting information including billing, collections, and tax information.
- Formulating, developing and implementing all financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare regular tax analysis, including analytics, review of reconciliations and variances to ensure the accuracy of accounts, collections, and payment of taxes.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Professional accounting qualification such as ICAN, ACCA, CPA is required
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position within the industry with a proven record of success
- Sound decision-making skills based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and financial reporting software.
- Understanding of Accounts/Finance processes and controls be able to drive them across board
- Excellent working knowledge of ERP System.
38 total views, 1 today